Saturday, 15 July 2017

Summer Lip Picks

Hello! I'm back from holiday and I'm back to share some of my favourite lip products. Berlin was great fun, such a beautiful city and I'll probably write about my experience soon but to get me back into the blogging mojo I'm going to talk about what I know best - lipstick. (Also please bear with me while I catch-up on everyones post etc, I got back pretty late last night and I'm incredibly exhausted! I also have to go back to work tomorrow which will definitely be a chore after a week away haha).





For summer I like my lips to be either bright and fun, or super low maintenance so theres kind of a whole mix of things here. I still love a nude in the summer but I also love to add some more pinks into the mix too so I'll run you through my choices.

Clarins Instant Lip Perfector 01 - Remember when everyone was obsessed with these? I still reach for these now and then, and to be honest its mostly in the summer because they're the easiest wearing lip glosses ever. They're pretty sheer but they're very hydrating and comfortable on the lips.

Mac Brave - This is a Kylie Jenner favourite, and although the satin finish can be a little drying, this is definitely my favourite nude for when I have a tan. Theres something about it that just looks so pretty.

Mac Crosswires - This is a pretty coral-red that looks really fun without being one of those corals that are blindingly bright. Its a creamy formula so it sits well on the lips and doesn't dry them out. I love this for when I'm wearing minimal makeup on the rest of my face.

Clinique Sweet Pop - This is a pretty pink colour that looks good all year round in my opinion, the formula of these is pretty good too. They're not sure long wearing but they're not drying and theres so many great shades to choose from.

Clinique Melon Pop - The same formula as above but this is a soft orange, coral kind of shade. This just screams summer to me and I love it so much!

Benefit Benebalm - These have such a nice balm texture to them, they really don't feel like lipsticks at all. They're very sheer and this red colour looks great with a tan.

Benefit Lollibalm - I've actually almost finished this because I wear it so much, its the perfect sheer pink to add just a little bit of something to your lips when you're going for a minimal makeup look.

Nars Yu Satin Lip Pencil - This is a bright shocking pink, a colour that I always reach for at this time of year! Its fun and brightens up any look.

Gosh Baby Baby Lip Shine - These little pencils really don't get enough love, I adore this baby pink shade as it always goes with a look when I don't know what to wear. I have a few of these and the formula is amazing, they're totally not drying and despite what you might think, they're surprisingly pigmented.

Maybelline Hot Plum - This is a super fun, bright purple. I love this colour when I just need something to perk my up. The formula is a little drying but its nothing I cant cope with. This is also s great festival colour too!

NYX Apple Strudel Butter Gloss - This is my my favourite lip gloss, I pretty much will wear this all year round but the coral/orange vibe makes it a great shout for the summer. I also love the formula of these lip glosses as they're really easy wearing and not sticky at all.

Barry M Matte Me Up Liquid Lipstick in Pose - This is my favourite nude, I've been wearing this non stop since I picked a few of them up and I haven't stopped wearing this colour even now we're into summer. It has a peachy undertone and the formula is hands down the best liquid lip formula I've tried!

What are your favourite lip picks for summer?



Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig