Monday, 3 July 2017

June Beauty Favourites

I'm not really sure how we're half way through this year already but I guess its happening so before we know it, its going to be Christmas! Just a heads up too, I'm off on holiday at the weekend so I might be a little quiet in terms of keeping up with comments etc, this post is going to be scheduled and so will my next few (hopefully) so there will still be something to read. I'll be sure to share some snaps when I return too. I've been loving a few things this month, some old favourites and some new, which is always exciting.





I wanted to try some fake tan for going away on holiday, I'm about as pale as you can get and I don't tan naturally what so ever. My plan is to tan before I jet off and then top it up before I return so I look like I've caught some rays while I'm away. I picked up a few bits to try but the winner is definitely the Bondi Sands Liquid Gold. Its a tanning oil as opposed to a cream or foam, meaning its much more hydrating and it blends into the skin a lot easier. It doesn't have a tanning guide, so you cant really see where you're putting it, which gave me the fear as a tanning newbie. All went fine each time I used it though! I just kept blending and kept blending with my mitt and I woke up with a streak free golden tan in the morning. There were a few dark patches but it was nothing a little bit of exfoliation the next day in the shower couldn't fix! 

For adding extra glow to my skin I've been mixing my foundation with the Seventeen Skin Wow Highlighter before applying it to my face. I forgot how much I love this stuff so I was pleased to rediscover it in my collection. It doesn't alter the wear of my foundation too much, it just adds a beautiful natural glow. 

I've also been reaching for my Clinique Chubby Cheeks Contour Stick a lot too, its great for adding some colour and also sculpting out my cheekbones too. It blends out super easy too with my beautyblender so I'll definitely be packing this with me for going on holiday. 

I'm still obsessed with The Ordinary High Spreadability Fluid Primer too, although the bottle seems to be disappearing a little quicker that I'd like! Its the only primer that totally smoothes over my dry skin and extends the wear of my foundation. I think I'm actually in love with the stuff. 

I have a mini of the Pixi Glow Mud Mask and I've used it quite a bit this month, my skin has been quite congested and this just helps clear out my pores and brighten my skin a little. It tends to take any fake tan off my face along with it, but I've been using it when I want to remove any tan before a fresh application! 

The Barry M Cosmic Lights Highlight Palette has also been on my face non stop too, most of the shades have a duo-chrome finish which makes them super pretty on the skin. The powders are very beautiful and glowy and the creams sit really well on top of my foundation without moving it around or taking it off completely. 

I also picked up the Seventeen Miracle Matte Pressed Powder not too long ago and I'm a huge fan. It doesn't have much colour but it looks very undetectable on the skin while keeping all my makeup in place. 

On my lips I've been wearing the Benefit Benebalm a lot too, as my lips have been crazy dry and this keeps them hydrated with subtle colour, and I've also been using the NYX Butter Gloss in Angel Food Cake too. Its a very nice darker nude which I adore with tanned skin!

What are your recent favourites?


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig