Thursday, 27 July 2017

Empties #2

Hello everyone! I've been a bit quiet in the blog recently but I've pretty much been non stop since I got back from holiday a few weeks ago. I start a new job next week so I've been busy working my notice as well as learning to drive for my driving test which is soon too! I thought I'd share some empties today because even though I feel like I made one of these posts not too long ago, I appear to have accumulated a lot of things since then!




First up, I've definitely used a lot of face/base products more so than anything else, but this is usually the case for me. I've used up 3 foundations recently which seems kind of crazy but I think they just all happen to have ran out at a similar time. First up is the Rimmel Match Perfection, not a terrible foundation but I'm definitely not going to be repurchasing it. A lot of dry skinned people (like me) love this but honestly I don't think this is anything to shout about. I used to enjoy it when my skin was a little oiler as it left a nice dewy finish even when I applied powder on top. More recently I just feel like it looks like a total oil slick on my face, and it pretty much has no staying power either. I like the shade because it's nice and pale but the foundation itself isn't great. Another foundation I finally finished is the Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk  a cult favourite here in the blogging world and I can totally understand why. This has a pretty satin finish, no scent and it lasts extremely well. There's a great shade range and the only thing that lets it down is the price tag. I would totally repurchase this but its a hefty chunk out of my bank account and I made a choice to stop buying non cruelty free products. If you're looking for a similar alternative then look no further than the L'Oreal True Match foundations  Texture, application and wear of this is pretty much identical to the Luminous Silk but it comes in much more affordable. Sadly L'Oreal aren't cruelty free either but if you're not worried about that you can snag yourself a pretty amazing foundation for less than a tenner here in the U.K. I've also finished 2 of my favourite concealers, (two of each funnily enough) which are the NYX HD Concealer and the Seventeen Stay Time concealer  The combination of these two together is the best thing that's ever happened to my under eyes, it also creates the perfect colour and consistency that I really can't fault. The NYX concealer gives plenty coverage which the Seventeen one adds that much needed moisture to my under eyes. I won't go on too much as I talk about these two all the time... I finished up the Soap And Glory One Heck of a Blot Primer  which in my opinion isn't the best primer out these. It creates a smooth base for your foundation to stick to but I can't say much for it increasing the longevity of my makeup at all. I liked it, I used it up but I'm not going to purchase it again. I also found an empty tub of the Clinique All About Eyes Rich that I thought I would include. I used to use this all the time and I actually did enjoy it, it's pretty thick and intensely moisturising but it always still looked good under makeup. I much prefer the Antipodes Kiwi Seed Oil Eye Cream now but this wasn't a bad pick for me at all. If I haven't mentioned already, I have pretty dry skin. I finished up a smaller size of the Origins Drink Up Inense Overnight Mask  which is really rather good for when your skin just needs a little boost of something hydrating. I love the scent of this and I always wake up with lovely plump skin after I've used it so I'm glad I have another couple of these still in my collection! Lastly I've used up The Body Shop Camomile Cleansing Butter Balm, which is one of my favourite cleansers. Again with having dry skin, I can't use anything too harsh to remove my makeup and this does such a wonderful job, without any fuss. I think I'll purchase another one of these soon as I really do enjoy using it at night time! 

Have you used up any products lately?

Liz Earle Beauty Co Ltd
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig