Tuesday, 20 June 2017

My Dry/Dehydrated Skin Favourites

For those of you who've been reading my blog for a while, you'll know I used to have super oily skin that would breakout all the time. Now I'm in my twenties things have taken a turn, my skin is much drier, usually dehydrated, and it tends to be very sensitive and can get dry patches a lot. I still get a little oily here and there but mostly just around the sides of my nose, if I get oily at all. Not only has this meant I've had to change up my makeup game, I've also had to completely change my skincare routine so I thought I'd share whats working for me right now.


Firstly, fragrance is definitely a no no, unless its super mild or natural. Some days I can only get away with moisturiser or my skin gets very irritated so I change up the products I use depending on how my skin feels on that particular day. I've been using my Makeup Eraser to remove my makeup everyday since I got it as it doesn't require the use of any product and it does an amazing job at removing everything from my skin. Lately I've been using it with the No7 Beautiful Skin Cleansing Balm, I massage this into my skin first (avoiding my eyes) and then use the Makeup Eraser to take everything off all together. This cleanser is very gentle and I think even the most sensitive of skin types would be okay to use this. I sometimes use this as a second cleanse too if my skin isn't up for any of my other more intense cleansers. It has such a gentle scent and a very creamy texture, making it easy to work with. If I don't manage to get every single last bit of mascara from my lashes, I'll go in with the Botanics Hydration Burst Micellar Water. This isn't the best Micellar Water but I have to be careful what I use so as not to irritate things. If my skin is feeling extremely sensitive, sometimes I cant get every trace of makeup off without my skin burning! When its not like that, this is the product I will use. To try and add some hydration back into my skin,  I really enjoy the Origins Make a Difference Plus Treatment Lotion. Its very lightly scented and it just helps plump my skin up when its feeling extra dehydrated and dry. I love the Pixi Glow Tonic but a lot of the time its too much for my skin so I can only use it around once a week, my skin doesn't seem to mind this Origins toner too much though. No matter how crazy my skin is being, the Pixi Hydrating Milky Mist is always a winner, I like to spray this on after cleansing/toning and before any serums/moisturisers and it really helps the products sink into my skin. I has hyaluronic acid in it, which can hold up to 1000 times its weight in moisture and overall boosts hydration of the skin. I love that its in spray form too as it makes it incredibly easy to apply. When it comes to serums, sometimes I just have to skip them as my skin cant handle too much in one go. Mostly my skin loves The Ordinary 100% Plant Derived Squalene, I think because its a very natural product. This has a pretty oily feeling to it but when I apply it at night I always wake up with the most hydrated feeling skin ever. I cant use it during the day or it tends to break down my makeup but I absolutely love using it at night to give my skin what it needs. I also enjoy using the Maple Holistic's Vitamin C Anti-Aging Serum*, its packed with loads of natural ingredients to help prevent ageing and boost skins hydration. I don't use this all the time and I do prefer The Ordinary serum but this is nice if you want to add some extra vitamins into your skincare routine. Eye cream is always the Antipodes Kiwi Seed Oil Eye Cream, because no matter how dry and irritated the skin round my eyes might be, this always soothes them and gets them back to a level of moisture I can cope with. I know so many people who love this eye cream, and for good reason. Moisturiser has been the Aveeno Moisturising Cream for the longest time, after a recommendation from my doctor. I really want to find a cruelty free alternative to this but so far I haven't found anything that compares to the texture this has and how it makes my skin feel. Its not greasy or oily, it doesn't soak in super fast, it just smooths over my skin and keeps it feeling moisturised without any fuss. Please let me know if you have any cruelty free favourites that you think might compare! Lastly, oils. A tricky one for me. If I use too much my skin breaks out, if I don't use them at all my skin will probably shrivel up like a prune. I have the Clarins Blue Orchid Facial Oil in my collection and I use it about once or twice a week. I cant apply this straight onto my skin because its very heavily scented but if I mix it with my moisturiser then its totally fine. It really helps my skin from feeling so dehydrated and tight, I just wish it didn't have such a heavy scent. I look to invest in a better oil for me once this is finished, but for now it does what I need.

What kind of skin type do you have?


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig