Friday, 9 June 2017

Barry M Matte Me Up Lip Kit

Hello everyone!  I mentioned a little while ago in a liquid lipsticks post that I was trying these out then realised I hadn't actually reviewed them yet! I love liquid lipsticks that I had to pick these up, I've seen some pretty mixed reviews on blogs and from friends but I thought I'd share my thoughts none the less.



Obviously these are a 'dupe' of sorts for the Kylie Cosmetics lip kits, but I refuse to pay an arm and a leg to have them shipped over to the UK. Each kit comes with a lip liner and a liquid lipstick, I have the shades Posé and Runway. Posé is a pretty peach-nude colour which I thought might look a little strange on me but its actually become one of my favourite everyday lip choices. Runway is much darker, its a raspberry shade which I love when I want to go for something a little bolder. I really enjoy the lip pencils in these kits, they aren't too slippy when you apply them and they're almost a little tacky once they're on which makes a great base for anything you put on top. The liquid lipsticks are pretty impressive too, I worried that with them being a more affordable option that the formula might disappoint but its done nothing but impress me. They have a very liquidy texture when you apply them which makes them very easy to work with and they don't dry down too quickly which gives time to neaten up the application. I do find that the lip liners are both a little darker in shade than the lipsticks themselves but  I don't mind this at all. Once the lipsticks have dried they are super matte and feel very lightweight on the lips. I think because the consistency is so runny it leaves only a thin layer on the lips as opposed to a thick texture which would naturally feel heavier. These wear incredibly well too, I find I can apply them in the morning and not worry about having to touch up or check on them until at least after lunch time. They do wear a little when I eat but most of the time I could probably get away with just letting my lips be, I usually apply another layer just to be on the safe side and that gets me to the end of the day. As the formula is so thin, applying another layer doesn't make your lips look dry or like you've got too much lipstick on them. Applying another layer pretty much makes the lips look like you've just applied the first coat for the day. I have pretty dry lips, and my lips are definitely dry when I remove these (which is quite difficult and usually requires a lot of lip scrub/balm) but its nothing that lip balm cant fix. These have crazy staying power, probably the best out of all the liquid lipsticks I've tried! I swatched them on my hand prior to buying them and decided to not swatch them for this post as I genuinely couldn't get the swatches off my hand without using nail polish remover! Thankfully its a little easier to remove from the lips. Barry M are one of my favourite brands and I'm definitely going to be picking up more of these.

Have you got any favourite liquid lipsticks?

Barry M Matte Me Up Lip Kits - Available here


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig