Saturday, 27 May 2017

The Ordinary, First Impressions

Hello everyone! I decided to try out some skincare from The Ordinary as I've been seeing bloggers rave about them left, right and centre. All of the products are cruelty free and most of them are vegan too which encouraged me even more!


I picked up 3 things, as I didn't want to go crazy and order too much just incase I wasn't a fan. I'm sitting here now planning a list of more things to buy now though so part of me wishes I'd just went for it! The first thing that caught my eye was the 100% Plant-Derived Squalene. I don't know what squalene is but its supposed to help with hydration loss, and my skin is pretty dehydrated most of the time. I've been using this under my moisturiser on and off and I so far I can definitely notice a difference. It has a weird texture, kind of oily/balmy in feeling that I don't really mind as it doesn't feel greasy at all. I think this definitely helps boost moisture as my skin always seems perky and plump in the morning but my final thoughts will come from using this a bit longer I think. I also got the Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2% (longest name ever), but I'm not sure how I feel about this. Its another product designed to help with skin hydration but the first time I used it (admittedly my skin was insanely dry and flaky because I was getting over a cold) it felt like my skin was on fire, you might think that would be an indication to not use it again but I felt like maybe my skin was just too sensitive at the time. It does state on the packaging that a 'mild tingling' is normal so I was willing to try again. This has a super weird texture too, it looks like a pretty runny liquid but I actually find it quite hard to spread over my skin, and it feels a bit gritty as well. It definitely leaves an oily residue on the skin which does seem to calm down once I apply moisturiser but I'm just not sure how much of a difference its made for me. It didn't break my skin out or anything but it just feels a bit weird, I think I'mm have to use this a few more times to get a better idea. Thankfully it doesn't feel like burning anymore but it definitely tingles so you might want to give it a miss if your skin is super sensitive. Lastly I picked up the High-Spreadability Fluid Primer, which I've been loving. This is a silicone based primer but it doesn't feel weird and skin clogging like a lot of other ones I've tried. I don't really like heavily silicone based primers as they tend to clog up my pores, sometimes the bunch into little balls of product and most of the time they make my base too slippy that it feels like my foundation just slides off my skin. This, however, is not like that. Yes, it makes my skin feel very smooth but it also feels hydrating at the same time, as long as I work it into my skin well enough it doesn't bunch up or go weird. Its one of the only primers that I think genuinely makes a difference to how long my makeup lasts which is really nice. Its a winner so far! I'm really excited to try more from this brand, let me know if you have any recommendations to try!

The Ordinary - Available here, and here.

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig