Wednesday, 31 May 2017

Luxury Beauty Picks

From time to time we gotta treat ourselves, so I've rounded up a few favourites that I think are worth spending that little bit more on if you're looking to skip the high street and indulge a little. Hopefully theres something for everyone here as I've tried to keep a mix of hair, skin and makeup.


Skincare wise, its probably no surprise that I'm suggesting the Pixi Overnight Glow Serum, its one of those products that just works really well. Whenever I use this, I wake up in the morning with super plump, glowing skin thats missing any dry patches I might have been worrying about the night before. Definitely worth the £26 price tag (& there are definitely more expensive serums out there). I've been rating the Sarah Chapman Rapid Radiance Cleanse lately in the mornings, I'm not a fan of the scent but it definitely perks my skin up when I need to leave the house by 6:30 some days. It adds some much needed radiance without feeling stripping or irritating, and you can leave it on a little longer to double as a mask if you want too, it gets a 10 from me. For hair, I'm obsessed with the Ouai Hair Oil, it totally beats any of the less expensive oils that I've tried in my hair. It has a very smoothing effect when I use it, calming my frizziness and helping my hair keep its style for the day. Makeup, Urban Decay eyeshadows are my all time favourite. They have amazing palettes but some of the individual shadows are amazing too, Sellout is one of those colours that I reach for most days. It doesn't look like much in the pan but it has a beautiful sheen to it that makes it perfect for inner corner and brow bone highlighting. Since receiving it as a gift at Christmas, the Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer has been on my face nearly everyday. Not only does it smell like chocolate, its also the perfect shade for me. Its not too warm or too cool toned, but it adds a lovely warmth to my skin that just doesn't compare to my other bronzers. If you haven't tried Hourglass, your missing out. Pretty much all of their powders are dreamy, but the Ambient Blushes are super stunning. The packaging and the marble design in the pan is amazing but the actual blushes are pretty spectacular too. I have the shade Diffused Heat which I'm totally obsessed with, it has a beautiful luminosity to it that I just cant compare to anything else I own. I'm a bit of a lipstick junkie so I've got some choices for you! If you like a liquid lip then Kat Von Ds Everlasting Liquid Lipsticks are by far my favourites. They're easy to apply but dry super matte and last really well. I find I can top these up throughout the day as well without them looking super cracked and gross. Second favourite is the Anastasia Beverly Hills Liquid Lipsticks, they're very similar to the KVD but the don't dry as matte so they can be a little more easy wearing. I don't think I can get away with reapplying them so much but they're still amazing none the less. If liquid lips aren't your thing but you still like mattes then the Nars Velvet Lip Pencils are a good option, I have so many of these and I just love how comfortable they are to wear, they're matte but they're not really drying what so ever - a total dream. The satin pencils are also lovely too, more shiny in finish but also incredible comfy and the pencil size is ideal for in your handbag (or jeans pocket usually in my case). It wouldn't be a luxury favourites without mentioning the YSL Volupte Shine Lipsticks. If you packaging isn't convincing enough then the formula will. They're a glossy finish thats very balmy on the lips so you can pretty much wear them all day without worrying about having any chapped lips situations!

These are my favourites but let me know if you've got any luxury products you adore. I was also thinking that when I do posts like these I should swatch anything included? Let me know if you'd like to see that in the future.

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig