Tuesday, 3 January 2017

Christmas Beauty Bits

 Hello everyone! I hope you all had an amazing Christmas and New Year if you were celebrating! I know I've been absent from the blog since before Christmas but I've been spending time with the family and also working a lot too which I'm sure you can all understand! I was very lucky to receive some beauty bits as gifts over the festive period so I thought I'd share some of the new things I have to play with. This is in no way intended to be bragging, I love reading these types of posts - so hopefully you do too. Also, shout out to my Mum who got pretty much everything on my wish list (I did not expect her to do that at all!), I'm very grateful and super excited to use everything.






Firstly, one of my new years resolutions is to give up shampoo. Sounds crazy, but there are plenty of people who only wash their hair with warm water and it looks beautiful. I asked for the Lush shampoo and conditioner bars as a way to begin weaning myself off of traditional shampoos and conditioners. I hope that by the time I've used these up that I won't need to purchase them! I might continue to use the conditioner on the ends but we'll see how it goes. I think hair with less products used on it will be much healthier - hopefully. I'll keep you updated. I've been dying to get the Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer since I tried the Too Faced/Nikkie Tutorials palette, its such a good shade for my pale complexion and it blends into the skin so beautifully! I'm so glad to have this in a full size on its own as now I don't have to take the palette everywhere I go. It also smells like chocolate which is a huge bonus! I've also been eyeing up the Ilamasqua Cream Pigment in Hollow for the longest time. I've seen so many people use this to contour and it looks so beautiful. In the pan it looks a little warm but once blended into the skin its a lovely cool toned shade that creates cheekbones in seconds. I've used it a few times and I'm so in love already! Back to hair, I also got the Ouai Hair Oil, which is another product I've been dying to try. I've always used an oil in the ends of my hair as its usually super dry and oil helps me get a brush through it when its wet! I've tried a few things from Ouai and I've always been really impressed, this oil certainly hasn't disappointed me! One product I haven't used in ages (but my mum knows I love) is the Lush Bubblegum Lip Scrub. Its a very sweet smelling sugar scrub that lifts all the dry, flakey skin from my lips in seconds. It also tastes amazing too. I'm glad to have this back in my stash as its a godsend for removing liquid lipsticks. My grandparents also got me a gift set from Soap & Glory which contains a few of my favourites! It has the Clean on Me shower gel, which I adore the scent of and I love these minis for taking to the gym. The Scrub of Your Life body scrub which is another scent I love, the scrub is also one of my favourites too. The Righteous Body Butter which is a super moisturising body cream that I haven't actually used in ages and the Hand Food hand cream, which smells like marshmallows and lives in my bag! I also have a little set of minis to try from Pixi, I already love the Glow Tonic and this little bottle will be so good for travelling or in an overnight bag. It also contains the Glow Mud Cleanser and Glow Mud Mask, both of which I've heard such good things about and I honestly cant wait to try them both. Pixi is my favourite skincare brand at the moment so I'm pretty sure I'll enjoy these. I'm so excited to use all these products, look out for reviews and such soon! Thanks again to everyone who got me a gift this season, Im very grateful. 

Have you picked up/received any beauty bits lately?







Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig