Sunday, 8 January 2017

2017, Goals etc

I wasn't going to make this post, mainly because I thought most people had given up on new years resolutions. But, I like making goals and I like having something to work towards so I'm going to babble away about the things I want to work on and hopefully you'll get my drift.


2016 was an incredible year. I've learnt so much as a person, I moved out of my parents house and I now live on my own (with my cat) and I honestly thought I was going to fail miserably and end up moving back home. I didn't fail, and I know a lot more about myself now too. I see a lot more of my friends and I'm better at things like budgeting and organisation. I also had a personal trainer in 2016 (we'll talk about that later) and I amazed myself at how strong I really am. Another thing I thought I wouldn't do well with is eating a vegan diet, but I've stuck that out since the end of 2015 and I'm feeling better than ever. I made a decision in late 2016 to only buy cruelty free beauty and so far I'm really enjoying living guilt free. I feel like I achieved a lot, and I'm not disappointed at myself for any of the things I didn't achieve because I know I did all I could to be the best version of me. So here are some things I want to work on in 2017.

1. My body. 
I know, I know, its everyones new years goal to get fit and healthy and lose weight or whatever. As I mentioned before I had a personal trainer in 2016 (shout out to Alan) and I really felt amazing when I was going to the gym on a regular basis. It made me feel stronger, more confident and I had way more energy to do the things I love. I also saw noticeable improvements in the way my body looked too, which certainly wasn't a bad thing. Do I want to be more toned? Yes. Am I going to the gym just to look better? No. I want to do it because I want to feel good again. Tomorrow is a new day.

2. My blog.
Again, everyone who has a blog probably writes about how they're going to better their blog in the new year but I feel like I did really well with things throughout 2016. There were definitely a few gaps when I was moving into my own place and didn't have a lot of spare time but I'm really proud of how much I managed to write. I want to work on my photography mostly, I feel like my flatlays are definitely improving but I want to take it to the next level and really push myself. I'm also going to try and stick my my schedule as much as possible too, even thought I work full time and also work shifts. I'm going to give it my all.

3. My creativity. 
This is something I probably wrote about this time last year, but I know I have it in me. I'd be lying if I said I hated playing with makeup and creating new looks. Or if I said I didn't enjoy working on a good bit of illustration. I need to make more time for the things I love and it really saddens me when I see how much time has passed and how many hours I've wasted thinking about the things I want to do instead of just doing them. 

Of course we all have aspirations to work harder, have a better job, a better body, a better life, but I'm not going to go crazy and set myself up with a list of goals I know I can't achieve. I've picked 3 things that mean a lot to me, and although my goals might be vague, I think its important to reflect on how much we have already achieved instead of dwelling on what we could've done. 

What are your goals for 2017?

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig