Friday, 23 December 2016

Party Season Skincare

Hello everyone! This is going to be my last post before Christmas so I hope you all have a lovely time. I already shared my party makeup picks but I thought I'd share my skincare picks too. I think skincare plays a big part in the way your makeup looks so I've put together some bits for all skin types! Partying and late nights can also take a lot out of your skin so its good to have a stable routine thats going to keep it from drying or breaking out throughout the season.


I think a good cleanser is the first place to start when you're looking for skincare thats going to keep everything looking fresh. Taking off your makeup before bed is so important to stop your pores from clogging, and you don't really want all that foundation all over your pillow either! For removing my makeup I've been using the Pixi Nourishing Cleansing Balm, its so hydrating and has an oily texture meaning it takes off every last bit of waterproof mascara and liquid lipstick. Its really gentle on the skin and isn't one of those cleansers that totally strips your face of all its goodness. For my second cleanse I'm a huge fan of the Lush CoalFace soap, its a black bar of soap that looks a little terrifying but it foams really nicely and its made a remarkable difference to my breakouts. We can all over indulge over the festive period and this can make my skin go a little crazy, so this is a must have for keeping my breakouts at bay! Alcohol can be very drying on the skin so if you've got night of drinking planned some good, moisturising products are essential to make sure your face doesn't look like a shrivelled prune the next day. I like a hydrating toner to make sure my skin has the best chance of absorbing the products I apply on top of it. The Origins Make a Difference + Treatment Lotion is so lovely and refreshing to use after cleansing, it has a lovely scent and it doesn't strip my skin at all. I've then been giving my skin the biggest boost of hydration that I can. I start with the Hydrating Milky Mist from Pixi which is a refreshing spray that boosts your skins moisture in an instant, over top of this I love the Pixi Glow Serum as whenever I use this at night, I wake up with super plump skin which is amazing! For moisturiser, I actually keep it super simple with the Aveeno Moisturising Cream, its very gentle and doesn't contain any irritating ingredients. Eye Cream is so important for me and my skin as my eye area tends to be super dry compared to the rest of my skin. The Antipodes Kiwi Seed Oil Eye Cream is so amazing though, its very hydrating but it also sits really well under my makeup and it doesn't have an oily/greasy feeling to it. Sometimes, despite all my efforts, my skin can still get a little clogged up so I always make sure to have a good clay mask at hand to help lift any impurities that cleansing doesn't quite get to. The Ren Invisible Pores Detox Mask is so gentle on the skin but it also manages to melt away blackheads, leaving my skin clear and fresh.

Have a great Christmas everyone!

Do you have any skincare tips for the party season?
SaveSaveSaveSave
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig