Monday, 19 December 2016

Party Ready Makeup

Hello everyone, I hope those of you who celebrate Christmas are all ready for the season. I thought I'd share some of my favourite makeup picks that I thought would be great for the season. I always make sure to choose the products that I know are long lasting when I've got a party or event to go to so hopefully this will give you some inspiration and help you out!



Swatches L-R - Laura Mericer, Kiko, No7. 
Lipsticks Top-Bottom - Anastasia (Dusty Rose), KVD Bauhau5, KVD Lolita.

If I need my makeup to last all night I make sure to always start with a good primer to make sure my base isn't going to fade or wear off. I love the Soap & Glory One Heck of a Blot primer as it doesn't have a weird silicone texture but it still manages to smooth over my pores and make my face look more seamless. I think a good eye primer is always a must too, especially if you're going to be wearing something a little more bold, or if you opt for glitter. The Too Faced Shadow Insurance honestly makes your eyeshadow stay on forever, when I use this my eyeshadow doesn't budge what so ever, no matter how much dancing I do! I'm also a huge fan of having super glowy skin at this time of year (but also pretty much all year round) and my two current favourites are the No 7 Instant Radiance Bronzing Highlighter and the Laura Mercier Matte Radiance Baked Powder in Highlight 01. I like to layer a cream and a powder for the ultimate sheen on my cheekbones. I'm also a fan of having pretty good coverage to my skin, just incase I end up in any photos! The Urban Decay Naked Skin Powder Foundation is always what I reach for, it gives amazing coverage (on its own or on top of liquid foundation) and it really sets my makeup into place and keeps it looking flawless. For my eyes, I like to go for something a little smokier than my everyday wear and I find that the Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette has the perfect combination of shades to achieve pretty much any look I might pick. They're also really easy shadows to work with and they stay in place really well when paired with the primer. For something a little extra, I've been loving the Kiko Water Eyeshadow in 208 Light Gold as its such a gorgeous gold than can look super intense when you use it wet. Mac's Vanilla Pigment is usually what I go for in my inner corner too, its so shimmery and pretty and really adds a brightness to my eyes. I'm not hugely into liner but if I'm gonna be applying some false eyelashes I need to add something so that the last band doesn't look out of place. The Too Faced Sketch Liner is so easy to work with and its super black, making it perfect for any kind of eyeliner look you might decide to do. Lastly for my face, I want my lipstick to not require any touching up so I can enjoy myself and not have to worry about getting it all over my face. Liquid lipsticks and 100% first choice for me these days and the Kat Von D offering is by far my favourite (as I'm sure you all know my now). Close behind is the Anastasia Beverly Hills version, but I find both formulas don't budge once they've been applied. 

I hope this inspires your party makeup, let me know what your favourite party picks are!
SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig