Monday, 12 December 2016

A Little Kiko Haul

Hello everyone! A very exciting thing happened recently, a Kiko store opened in my local area! They opened on black Friday and had an amazing offer where if you bought 3 things, you got 3 for free - which I thought was pretty amazing. I, of course, decided to treat myself as I've wanted to try Kiko for the longest time but was afraid to just order online without seeing the products.



As I've moved over to buying only cruelty free makeup now, Kiko was a brand that I had sparked even more of an interest in that before. They're known for having a great variety of collections at different prices to suit all budgets and makeup skill levels. When I visited the store it was incredibly busy, as you'd expect for a launch day and I did have to queue for about 20 minutes just to pay. It was totally worth it though as I'm in love with the products and the staff were all super helpful! I decided to pick up a few lip products as thats usually how I judge wether I'm going to like a brand or not. I went for 2 lip liners, one in the shade 405 Mauve and 413 Cyclamen. They glide on really easily and 405 pairs perfectly with the lipstick I picked up too! I think I'll definitely pick up more of these liners as I really like the way they feel on my lips. I picked up a matte lipstick in 415 Mauve, and as the name suggests its a great pair for the 405 lip liner. I actually really like the formula of the Velvet Passion Matte Lipstick as it doesn't feel like a matte lipstick when I apply it. Admittedly its not the best wearing lipstick I've ever worn but I adore the colour and I love the way it feels on my lips. I also decided to pick up a mascara, partly because I really needed a new one but partly because the brush on this one just looked so simple and the kind of thing I'd enjoy. I'm not really into gimmicky wands, I just like something that works and the Volume Attraction Mascara really hits the nail on the head for me. It lengthens my lashes, adds plenty volume and doesn't flake or wear off throughout the day! I'll definitely be repurchasing this. I wanted to try one of the Water Eyeshadows in a really long time as they've been compared to the Nars Dual Intensity eyeshadows. I don't own any of the Nars offering but I've been enjoying the formula of the Kiko version. These eyeshadows can be used wet or dry and they pack some serious punch, I picked up 208 Light Gold which is a really pretty, self explanatory shade. Lastly I decided to try out a nail polish because I've been wanting a new raspberry shade for the winter anyway and this one caught my eye. I went for the Power Pro Nail Laquer in 20 Cyclamen, which is actually the same shade as the darker lip liner I got and I didn't even realise. I've worn this polish once and it lasted about 4 days before I saw any chipping which I thought was pretty good. I'm really impressed with the products I've picked up and I can't wait to try more from Kiko soon.

Have you tried any Kiko products?


SaveSave
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig