Recent Beauty Bits // Haul

Wednesday, November 09, 2016

Hello everyone, finally back today with another post for you all. If you dint know already I took a week or so from blogging to celebrate my 21st birthday which was a lot of fun! I spent a lot of time with friends and family and felt like it would be wrong to put up a half-hearted post just for the sake of it. I got a few beauty bits for my birthday and I bought a few things myself so I thought I'd just collate them all together into one big haul!







First things first, my boyfriend did very well. He picked up the Kat Von D Shade & Light Eye Palette for me which I think is the sweetest thing. I've been eyeing this palette for a long time so I really appreciate him getting it for me! Its an all matte palette and all the colours are so beautiful. Kat Von D is one of my favorite brands so 10/10 for Fraser for being a gem and picking up on this. (This means he must mildly listen to me when I ramble about makeup, poor boy). My gran also went on a trip to the US not too long ago and I usually ask her to grab me a few bits that I can't get a hold of here in the UK. I asked her to grab the Kat Von D liquid lipstick in Bauhau5 which is such a pretty deep berry shade that I'm so excited to rock through the winter. As well as this she picked up the Anastasia Liquid Lipstick in 'Dusty Rose' which is a very nice brown/mauve shade. I've been wanting to try the formula of the Anastasia liquid lipsticks for ages now to see how they compare to my KVD favorites so we'll see how I get along with this. She was also amazing and got the Too Faced The Power Of Makeup Palette which is the collaboration with Nikkie Tutorials. I know this palette has had a lot of controversy surrounding it but I think all of the powders perform really well! I've also been really enjoying the liquid eyeliner that came with this set, its honestly become my new favorite already. I didn't ask my gran to pick up this palette but she was kind enough to pick it up for me anything, so thank you! I picked up what I like to call 'replacement' beauty bits, which include the NYX HD Concealer and the Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Cream (I don't actually plan to use this again I'm looking for a cruelty free alternative, so please share any of your favorites in the comments) as I use these everyday and can't bear to be without them. I also decided to be bold and picked up the Seventeen 18 Hour Stay Time Concealer to see how it performs too. I kind of get stuck in a rut with foundations and concealers and tend to just reach for my favorites so its about time I gave something new a go. So far I actually quite like it, but I'll keep you updated. I was a little bit bad this month and picked up a few things from Cult Beauty. I've been wanting to try the Overnight Glow Serum from Pixi forever and they had a deal that if you spent £30 in Pixi, you got a full size cleanser for free so it was pretty much a done deal. I also went for the Hydrating Milky Mist too, as I've heard a lot of good things about this stuff. I've been using the two together for a few days now and admittedly my skin feels very plump and hydrated. I've not tried the Nourishing Cleansing Balm as I'm going to use up a few others in my bathroom first but it smells really nice. While I was on Cult Beauty anyway I decided to pick up something from Ouai as everyone has been raving about how good their haircare range is. I went for the Matte Pomade and I'm really glad I did as I find it works really well in my lazy hair routine. I'll need to use it a few more times to make a final decision but so far so good! I walk also recently sent the Irresistible Me Jade Hair Straightening Brush and I am beyond excited to see how it performs, I've used it a few times but I'll write a whole post about it soon sharing all my thoughts!

Have you picked up anything new lately?

SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment