Thursday, 17 November 2016

Irresistible Me Jade Hair Straightening Brush*

Hello, today I'm gonna be talking about the Irresistible Me Jade Hair Straightening Brush. Irresistible Me kindly shipped this all the way from the US and I am very appreciative of this. I've been seeing these hair brushes all over the web, particularly on Facebook and I've been dying to try one as everyone seems to have been getting really great results. 








When I first tried this, admittedly I was quite disappointed. I think I was expecting it to make my hair as straight as my actual straighteners do but thats not really what its designed for. Its designed to replicate the look of a blowout. As in, when you straighten your hair using a hair dryer and a brush and I think it does this very well. I'd never tried a ceramic straightening brush before so I wasn't exactly sure what kind of results I'd see. If you're looking for poker straight hair like you'd get with a regular hair straightener this isn't going to do that (although, I do have very thick hair that doesn't always behave so you might get different results). It does a really nice job and smoothing out my hair and removing any of the frizz that comes with blowdrying my hair, which I really like. Sometimes I just want to smooth out my hair before tying it up or styling and this really does a great job at that. Personally, I think it takes longer to straighten my hair with this as you have to make sure you pass through the sections of your hair slowly to ensure the heat is spread evenly through the hair. Its definitely easier to use than a traditional straightener as your pretty much just have to brush through your hair to start seeing results. The tool itself is really nice too, its a beautiful jade green colour and it has almost like a silicone non slip texture which makes it very easy to hold. It also has a pretty generous 8ft power chord which I really appreciate. It does come with a US plug at the end but I was able to get an adapter for £6 from Amazon to allow me to use this here in the UK. I also love the fact that you can see what temperature the brush is at, not only can you choose the temperature you require, you can see it heating up and can see exactly how hot it is at any time. It glides through the hair really nicely and its designed to be far less damaging that traditional straightening which is always a bonus for us folks who style their hair everyday! Its also pretty impossible to burn yourself as the heated bristles don't go all the way to the end so when you have the brush against your head you're not actually touching it with the heated part. One thing I do find a little bit annoying is the fact that the control buttons are on the handle, I don't know if its just me but it sits right where my hand is and I have a tendency to turn the brush off without meaning to when I'm using it. I also find that the back part of the brush (the green bit on the opposite side from the bristles) gets quite hot so I'd always make sure you put this on a heat resistant mat when you lay it down, just incase. All in all, I do like this. Its very lightweight and easy to use. It doesn't make my hair as straight as I'd hoped but its very useful if your hair is already straight and you're just looking to touch it up later in the day. I'm probably still going to favour my traditional hair straightener because its what I'm used to but this is super handy if you're on the go. I quite like to straighten my hair before I curl it, just to smooth it out and I really enjoy using this for that!

Irresistible Me Jade Hair Straightening Ceramic-Tourmaline Brush - Available here.


*Product sent for review, all opinions are my own. Full disclaimer here.

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig