Monday, 21 November 2016

Current Skincare, The Staples

Hello everyone, I thought I'd share some skincare bits that I've been using for a while now. I recently picked up some new things from Pixi which I've been loving, but these skincare bad boys have been in my stash for quite some time. I get the feeling that some of my new purchases may make it into my staples but for now this is what I've been loving.

I think its always good to start out with the right type of cleanser for your skin. I use two, and both of them do great things for me. The Body Shop Camomile Cleansing Butter is amazing for removing all of my makeup, its one of those cleansers thats solid in the tub but once you massage it into your face it breaks down into an oil. I use this all over, including around my eyes to make sure all my mascara and eye makeup is removed. A warm cloth is all you need to wash this off too. After this, I'll do a second cleanse. For my second cleanser I tend to mix it up a bit but more often than not I'll use the Ren Clear Calm Clarifying Clay Cleanser, it has a funny kind of consistency and it you leave it sitting it does tend to harder like a clay mask but it does a really good job of cleaning out my pores and removing any impurities from my skin without making it feel dry or tight. I do mix up my cleansers depending on how my skin feels but I just always find myself coming back to this one - because it works. I don't use toner everyday, just because my skin can be quite sensitive to them but the Pixi Glow Tonic really helps refresh my skin when I'm looking for something thats going to get me results. When I use this my skin feels so smooth and fresh which exactly the kind of result you need from a good toner. Too much exfoliating toners on my skin can make it dry and sore so I only tend to reach for this once or twice a week. A couple of times a week I like to mix an oil into my routine, just to boost the moisture and hydration - something that I think is really important at this time of year. The Clarins Blue Orchid Facial Treatment Oil makes my skin feel so plump and hydrated and despite it being an oil, it never makes my skin break out. Its quite heavily scented but my skin seems to get along with it really well. I tend to get quite clogged pores around my nose and theres two masks I always reach for. I use a clarifying mask once a week and I either reach for the Ren Clarimatte Invisible Pores Detox Mask, because it gets the job done without being too harsh on my skin or the Soap & Glory No Clogs Allowed Mask which is self heating and seriously clears out all the dirt from my skin! Of course, I own ridiculous amounts of skincare products but I like to stick to what I know what I'm looking to keep my skin in check. My skin is pretty dry overall, but can get a little oily now and then which is why I like to use some clarifying products!

What are your skincare favourites?

SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig