Tuesday, 29 November 2016

Cheeks & Nails For Winter

I think we're full swing into winter here in the UK as its pretty freezing and I'm sleeping with a hot water bottle in the bed at night! For me, this calls for changing up the makeup I wear so that I match the season seamlessly. Its all about bold nails and all round darker makeup in my opinion!

I change up my bronzer quite a bit, as I'm so pale in complexion I wear bronzer every day not matter if its summer or winter. I've switched over to using The Body Shop Honey Bronzer which I've had for a long time but I just always fin myself coming back too. Its fairly neutral and doesn't look orange or muddy on my skin at all. I've been using the Mac Mineralize Blush in 'Love Thing' quite a bit too, its a burgundy shade but it has a really pretty shimmer to it. I have to be super light handed with this but I love how it looks once its on my face. I've also been a fan of the Natural Collection Blush in Peach Melba as sometimes when I'm wearing a dark lip or eye I don't want anything too bold. This is the perfect neutral peachy shade that adds a little something that isn't too much. Sometimes I'll opt for a cream alternative when I want a more dewy complexion and at this time of year its always the Stila Convertible Colour in Poppy, its a beautiful bright red shade that makes it look like you've got flushed cheeks from being out in the cold. Nails wise I like things to be a little darker and more dramatic. Essie 'Russian Roulette' is the perfect red that isn't too dark but it definitely screams winter. Another Essie favourite is 'Stylenomics', its a super dark green that looks almost black but when the light shines on it you can tell its something a little different. I don't own any other colours like this one and I adore it. Barry M 'Raspberry' is usually on my nails non stop throughout the autumn/winter months as its the perfect dark berry shade that always looks good during the season. I also love Barry M Matte Nail Paint in 'Rhossili Purple', even though its matte a nice glossy top coat makes it look super cute on the nails. 'Cappuccino' is another shade I have a lot of love for at this time of year, its a mauve kind of colour thats pretty neutral but still stands out really well. The Barry M Textured Nail Paint in the shade 'Dutchess' is also my favourite glitter for this time of year!

What are your nail and cheek favouties right now?
SaveSaveSaveSave
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig