Saturday, 1 October 2016

'No Makeup' Makeup Picks

Hello everyone. I thought I'd talk about some products today that are great if you don't want to wear anything too heavy on the skin. For me, if I'm wearing less makeup than usual I tend to favour a lot of glow to make me look like I've got a naturally radiant complexion.


If I'm having a kind of 'no makeup, makeup' kind of day I definitely don't wear any foundation, instead I reach for a pretty full coverage concealer and only apply the product where I really need it. I love the Urban Decay Naked Skin concealer as its the perfect thing to hide any imperfections, its super bendable too so it doesn't give the impression that you're wearing a lot of coverage. Since I don't wear foundation on these days I find that a good glowy primer can really help smooth out the look of my skin without masking it. The Mac Prep + Prime Skin Base is really lovely for this, it has a very smoothing texture without it having that weird silicone texture. It also has some reflective particles in it too meaning your skin looks like its glowing from within. To add some serious glow onto my face a crew highlighter is definitely a must. The Gosh Lumi Drops are really beautiful and when I apply this to the tops of my cheeks I honestly look like I'm shining like a star! Cream products generally looks much more natural on the skin and Clinqiue Chubby Cheeks Contour stick makes bronzing up the face so easy. I don't contour when I'm going for a more natural look but this can definitely be used to warm up the complexion too. Its another product thats really bendable so again, it looks like a really natural flush of colour. I personally always add blush to my skin, I'm pretty pale and without it my skin can tend to look a little flat. I love the Josie Maran Cheek Gelee's as they're quite sheer but look really pretty when built up on the face. For brows, I've got to do something. Mine are pretty light in colour and aren't the fullest. I like a brow gel to keep the hairs in the right place and also to make sure my brows are actually visible. The Maybelline Brow Drama is really nice as it coats the hairs, making them appear thicker as well as adding a little colour. I don't always use a cream highlighter, so if I'm in the mood for something in powder form I find myself using the Mac Lighscapade Mineralize Skin Finish, I don't find this too intense if you use a light hand and it makes the skin look very glowy and pretty. Usually I'll just stick to lip balm if I'm not wearing a lot of makeup but I do find them lacking a little I'll apply some of the Maybelline Lip Liner in Sweet Pink to even out the colour.


What are you favourite 'no makeup' makeup products?

SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig