Thursday, 20 October 2016

Kat Von D Shade & Light Contour Palette

Hey everyone, I'm finally getting around to writing my review on this palette. I wanted to make sure I'd tried it out properly before sharing my thoughts on it and I'm pleased to say I absolutely love it! Kat Von D Beauty is an amazing brand that is 100% cruelty free and I've been impressed with everything I've tried from them. I'm loving the fact that I can get my hands on KVD in the UK now via Debenhams!





I always worry with contour palettes, as I'm so pale the highlight shades are often too dark and end up looking like I've applied a dark face powder to the areas I want to highlight. I was pleasantly surprised when I swatched this palette though, the shades aren't light enough to highlight but the two very lightest ones mixed together match my skin tone very well meaning I can still get use out of them. I like to use them under my eyes as they add a little coverage as well as setting the area too. I usually use a translucent powder under my eyes but if I'm going out or want to look a little more perfected I'll reach for these powders. The darkest highlight shade (top right) is about the only one I don't use, its a salmon kind of colour that I think would look beautiful on darker skin tones as a highlight but for me, I can't really find a use for it. The contour shades are all beautiful too. Admittedly I don't use the darkest one very often because it is very dark on me but I manage to use it when I mix it in lightly with the other shades when I want to just bronze up my skin without contouring. The one in the bottom left probably gets the most love, its the coolest in tone out of the three contour shades and it really helps create some nice shadows under my cheekbones. All of the contour shades have a cooler undertone which I love, I'm so fair that bronzers and contour powders can look orange very quickly, thankfully these don't cause that issue. All the powders have the most beautiful pigmentation too, they're so soft and buttery and they blend like an absolute dream I genuinely this this palette is amazing and I think it would work for an array of different skin tones because of the versatility in the shades. I really don't have anything bad to say about this, I also love the packaging too, Kat Von D is a talented artist and all the packing on her products look amazing. Even though it is cardboard packaging, its very sturdy and still feels luxurious.

Have you tried and Kat Von D beauty products?

SaveSaveSaveSave
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig