Fall/Autumn Lip Choices

Thursday, October 13, 2016

Its that time of year when dark lips are back in full force, and I love a bold lip. I thought I'd round up some lip choices that I will most definitely be rocking this season. Not all of them are super dark and vampy but they are all part of the plum/mauve family which is totally my favourite!





Going from left to right of the swatches.. Rimmel Kate 107, its an oldie but a goodie and I honestly don't know anyone who doesn't love this dark red beauty. I find it can be a little drying on the lips and I don't like the smell but the colour is super stunning! I have a soft spot for the Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencils and the shade Never Say Never always comes out at this time of year, its a pretty plum but its not too intense so it works really well for a cute daytime lip. The Sleek lip liner in Raisin is a super dark plum colour that I like to use, sometimes to create and ombre lip effect if I'm wearing a red. Its very pretty. From Mac I have a few favs, Craving is a nice mauve-berry kind of colour thats dark enough to make a statement but not too over powering. Commotion is also a beautiful one, its from the Huggable Lip collection which I love the formula of but the colour is also the most perfect berry. The NYX soft matte lip cream in Istanbul is a shade I'll wear all year round, its a dark peachy shade which is beeeeaaautiful. Mac Plumful was my first lipstick from the brand and I'm still obsessed with it to this dark, its the perfect plum that isn't too intense. Urban Decay Turn On is another one of those lipsticks that I just absolutely adore, the formula is perfection and the colour looks good with pretty much everything in my opinion. The Nars Audacious Lipsticks are amazing, sadly I only own one but the colour Janet really makes a statement for this time of year. I really need to pick up more of these lipsticks but they're a tad pricey! Another Nars lip pencil I love is Cruella, its a pretty dark red that vamps up any look during this season. Sometimes I don't want to wear a plum or berry and I'll opt for a brown, I adore Mac Mehr for this as its dark enough to be bold without looking crazy on my pale skin. Lastly, Mac Beet lip liner helps me create that perfect bold lip, as no one wants to have lipstick all over their face!

Hopefully this has given you some inspiration for the season, what are your favourites for this time of year?

SaveSave
SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment