Monday, 19 September 2016

NYX Makeup, Thoughts So Far

For those of you who don't know, NYX has made its way into many Boots stores across the UK which is super exciting. Its also started a new addiction for me so if we could all take a moment to pray for my bank balance that would be great. In all seriousness though, NYX is a great affordable brand and I love the fact they're much more accessible in the UK now. I've tried a few products from them now so I thought I'd do a round up and share my thoughts.




I tried their Highlight and Contour Pro Palette and I reviewed that in full. You can read about it here. I do really like this contour palette, the light banana shade doesn't really work for me but I do love the actually contour shades for adding depth to my face. I've definitely noticed a theme with NYX, a lot of people share the love for their lip products and I can totally see why. I tried their Butter Gloss in Apple Strudel and its one of the most easy wearing lip glosses I've ever tried. Its not sticky, its not too pigmented and it smells nice. I also love the peachy-pink colour, its very me. I'm also a fan (although not as much) of the Mega Shine lip gloss too. I got the shade Dolly Pink and its so bright and pigmented, its very pretty. I don't like the scent as much and I'm not massively into super pigmented glosses but I still wear it now and then. If I was going to get more of these I'd definitely pick up some lighter shades. Lip product wise, I'm all over the Soft Matte Lip Cream. I picked up the shade Istanbul and I honestly love it so much. These have such a lovely lightweight, whipped kind of texture and they sit really nicely on the lips. Admittedly they are a little bit drying but they wear really nicely and its nothing a good layer of lip balm at bed time can't sort out. They also smell like cakes which is amazing, I am definitely going to be buying more of these when I get the chance! Lastly, I gave the Jumbo Eye Pencils a go. I don't know anyone who doesn't own the shade Milk and I can totally see why. Its the perfect white, bendable base for creating any kind of eye look and it last super well on the lids too. I also have the shade Yoghurt which is a really pretty shimmer colour. I sometimes wear this on its own as it just such an easy to wear colour, it does also make a good eyeshadow base too. I also gave the HD Concealer a go and I am completely obsessed with it, its so full coverage but so lightweight I honestly couldn't ask for more. I love the Urban Decay Naked Skin Concealer but this really rivals it in terms of price and honestly I'd much rather save my pennies when I know this does such a good job! The palest shade is also perfect for my pasty skin which is a win win. I really want to try more NYX products as so far I've been super impressed. If you have any recommendations please let me know!

Do you have a NYX favourite?

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig