Friday, 23 September 2016

Cruelty Free Favourites [Brands & Products]

Hello everyone, I thought I'd do a little bit of a different post today. I noticed recently that a lot of the brands I use and love on a daily basis are actually cruelty free, which was quite a pleasant surprise. It made me think that some of you might really appreciate a post about some really great cruelty free products, and for everyone else, some of the brands might surprise you!


I think firstly its only right to mention Kat Von D Beauty, a few posts back I was singing my praises about the liquid lipsticks as they are just out of this world amazing! KVD has just launched in Debenhams in the UK, which is a sad thought for my bank account but also amazing at the same time. Kat Von D herself is actually vegan, her entire line has always been cruelty free but will be making the transition to vegan very shortly. Exciting times. As well as the liquid lipsticks, I also love the Shade & Light Contour Palette, so if you want some pretty mean Kardashian style contouring - you can still do it cruelty free. Another brand that deserves a lot of love is Nars, their Velvet Matte lip pencils are amazing and I have a seriously loving relationship with the Velvet Matte Skin Tint. Nars overall have some really great products, I definitely recommend their blushes too! A brand that I didn't actually know were cruelty free is Laura Mercier, admittedly I haven't tried a huge amount from them but the Matte Radiance powder in Highlight 01 is stunning if you want to glow like theres no tomorrow, its super glowy without any glitter which is absolute perfection. If you're a blogger and you haven't heard of the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powders then you've probably been living under a rock. Not only are these powders the most beautiful, soft, finely milled bits of makeup you'll ever use, they're also cruelty free! I own 2 of these powders, one in Dim Light and the other in Ethereal Light. A great hughstreet brand for nail polish is definitely Barry M, as I'm sure we all know, but I've actually been living their concealer lately. Its a pretty lightweight one but its great for the days when you don't want to wear a lot of makeup - it also doesn't crease on me which is a huge bonus. NYX are also an amazing, affordable, CF brand. Their HD concealer has replaced my love for the Urban Decay Naked concealer and their lip glosses are stunning too. My last post was all about NYX and you can read it here. I feel like I have to mention Urban Decay as well, we all know that their eyeshadows and their palettes are the best but I also have so much love for their blushes too, I don't see them getting too much love but they really are beautiful. Too Faced are another brand that I didn't realise were CF, again I love their eyeshadow palettes - especially the original Chocolate Bar palette but I also love their Melted Lipsticks (but then again, I don't know anyone who doesn't love them). Another hughstreet brand that I also didn't know were CF is Gosh. Their products are available in Superdrug here in the UK and their Lumi Drops give the Mac Lustre Drops (not CF) a run for their money. Gosh also have some really great chunky eye pencils and I've tried a couple of mascaras from them that I really enjoyed. A kind of lesser known brand is New CID, if you've watched Pixiwoos videos for a long time you might recognise the name but if not then you can find their products here. I recently got a blush from them and its so beautiful, its the perfect amount of pigment and glow to keep me feeling fab on a daily basis. Lastly I have to share my love, yet again, for the Anastasia Beverly Hills Glow Kit in Gleam. I'm obsessed with this. I will always love this. ABH are cruelty free and I desperately need their liquid lipsticks to come to the UK.

Have you got any cruelty free favourites or did any of these brands surprise you?


SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig