Sunday, 7 August 2016

Lips, Cheeks & Nails For Summer

August has hit, but in my opinion its still very much summer. As I write this, its 19'c outside which is not bad for a mostly cloudy day here in Scotland. Theres a lot of things I've been reaching for a lot this summer so I thought I'd make a little round-up post sharing some of my favourites.


Lips.

For me its been all about the easy wearing shades that don't require a lot of maintenance. On the warmer days when I'm out and about I don't have time to check on my lipstick all the time so I've been using a lot of glosses and pinks. The NARS Satin Lip Pencil in Descanso has been on my face non stop. Its a very easy to wear pink/nude kind of colour and I absolutely adore the formula of these. I've also been reaching for MAC Peach Blossom throughout the season as I find it just so easy going and it pretty much goes with every make up look I would wear during the day. I love the creamsheen formula too! I also have a love for the Clinique Lip Pop Lipsticks as they pack a lot of pigment without being heavy or drying on the lips, Sweet Pop has been my favourite when I'm looking for a pop of pink to brighten up my look. Sometimes I will just wear a lip liner all over my lips with some lip balm on top as I find its a super easy way to add a little something to my look without going over board. The Maybelline Lip Liner in Sweet Pink is definitely my go-to for those kind of days. I've always loved the Clarins Instant Lip Perfectors and the shade Rose Shimmer really hits the spot when I want to enhance the look of my natural lips. These glosses are probably the easiest to wear that I've come across, they're so lightweight and sticky free. The NYX butter glosses are definitely close contenders, they have a bit more pigment than the Clarins offering but are still super easy to wear. Apple Strudel is definitely a favourite shade of mine, its a perfect peachy pink shade that brightens up my complexion and makes me look like I made a little more effort. The Collection Cream Puff Lip Cream is one of those products I always come back to, the shade Cotton Candy is a perfect darker pink that I adore. The formula is kind of like a liquid lipstick but it has a velvet texture on the lips, allowing it to be touched up throughout the day without any stress. They also smell amazing!

Nails.

I haven't been wearing a whole lot of nail polish this summer as I've been focused on taking care of my nails after getting my acrylics off. My nails are really long at the moment and by some miracle they haven't broken. I thank OPI Nail Envy as its made huge difference. When I have had colour on my nails I've been keeping it easy with some nice bright shades. Barry M Blueberry is always a favourite at this time of year for me, its a perfect pale blue that doesn't wash me out. I also love Barry M polishes in general, especially the Gelly formula. I've also been loving their Glitterati polish in Socialit, its a glitter you can wear on its own as the glitter parts are suspended in a pretty pink polish. One coat is plenty and it adds some serious sparkle to your finger tips. China Glaze Purple Panic is also one of the most amazing colours that I own. Its neon so it dries to a matte finish but a quick topcoat over this makes for the most beautiful neon pink ever. Its probably the brightest colour I own and I adore it.

Cheeks.

In the summer I tend to keep my makeup pretty light, especially my base. I tend to favour a lot of cream products over powders. The GOSH Lumi Drops have been a definite favourite lately, you can mix this stuff with your foundation to make it extra glowy or apply it over the top as a beautiful liquid highlighter. I can't get enough of this as it just adds the most beautiful radiance to my skin. I've also been loving the Stila Convertible Colour in Fuchsia as its super, super bright. You only need the tiniest amount and it adds the most lovely flush of colour to the face. I'm not a fan of these for the lips but as far as cheeks go I love them. Powder blush wise its all about MAC Peony Petal for me, its a bright pink with a very blue base giving it an almost lavender tint to it. Its lovely on the skin and seriously brightens up my face.

These are my picks for summer, do you have any favourites?

SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig