Wednesday, 4 May 2016

Makeup Revolution Salvation Velvet Lip Laquer

Hello everyone, if you can't tell I'm still on the liquid lipstick bandwagon and I've been trying out different ones left, right and centre! I decided to pick up these too from Makeup Revolution as the colours are really pretty and they swatched really nicely in store. I picked up the shades Rebel (right) and Keep Lying For You (left).





Not gonna lie, when I got these home and tried them out I wasn't overly impressed. Maybe its just me but I can't seem to get them to work very well on my lips for some reason. They apply really nicely, they're opaque and very smooth on application. For me, the trouble starts when they start to set. They dry down to a completely matte finish - like most liquid lipsticks do - but they kind of settle into the lines on my lips and bunch up a little. I also found that they don't wear off very evenly either. After eating while wearing one of these, the lipstick had worn off on the inner part of my lips, which was fine until I tried to re-apply. When I added another layer, the lipstick that was already on the other parts of my lips cracked and started to flake into the newly applied areas meaning I had lumpy looking lipstick all over the place. It probably would've been fine if I totally removed it and re-applied but I'm not always in a situation where I can do that. The colours are so nice and I love Makeup Revolution as a brand - they have some amazing products - but these just didn't hit the spot for me. I do have pretty dry lips, so maybe that has something to do with it. Maybe I'm just not applying them correctly? I have no idea. I think I'll continue my mission to find the ultimate liquid lipstick! 

Makeup Revolution Salvation Velvet Lip Laquer - Available here.

Do you have a favourite liquid lipstick?




Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig