Thursday, 19 May 2016

Anastasia Beverly Hills 'Gleam' Glow Kit


Hello everyone, today I'm writing about probably the most beautiful thing that I own. I'm not even kidding. If you know me well, you'll know that most days I like to rock some pretty serious glow on my cheekbones. My current favourite of late is the Laura Mercier Matte Radiance Baked Powder (silly name, its not matte at all) as it gives my cheekbones a beautiful shine that lasts really well on my skin. Buuuut then I was on Instagram (as usual) stalking the latest beauty products from all my favourite brands and literally as soon as I saw this I could not wait to get my hands on it. Also, Anastasia, get your liquid lipsticks here in the UK asap, I've been waiting patiently for a long time now.







This palette is what dreams are made of. Its £39, which I think is perfectly reasonable for 4 beautiful highlighters. I'm sure we've all splurged all that on one powder before.. Well, I know I have. I know its not cheap, but it works out at a cheeky £9.75 per highlighter which in my opinion is not bad at all. I think the illuminators from Anastasia are around £30 for one are they not? Anyway, the shades are beautiful and I'm definitely going to get my use out of each and every one of them. What I like about this palette is the fact that the packaging isn't the most luxurious I've come across but everything thats inside it hasn't been compromised at all, despite the price. The pans can also be removed from the palette which comes in particularly useful if you own a z-palette and don't feel the need to take 4 highlights with you when you travel. Each and every one of these shades has a beautiful buttery texture that melts into the skin with such ease, leaving you looking like you're glowing from within. 'Hard Candy' for me, because I'm as pale as they come, is a very pretty blush shade. Its very unusual as it has a kind of peachy-pink colour to it with an almost duo chrome effect of gold running through it, I don't own anything like this at all - I think its beautiful and I've worn it on my cheeks since the day I got this palette. 'Mimosa' is a pretty golden highlight, not gonna lie, I think I'm a little pale for this right now but once I've got a bit more colour I'm going to be wearing this to death in the summer. Right now I've been using it as an eyeshadow and it makes a very pretty everyday all-over-the-lid kind of thing. 'Starburst' is very pretty indeed, its a gorgeous pink toned highlight that looks so beautiful on the cheeks its unreal. I've been enjoying using this on my cheeks when I've been wearing 'Hard Candy' as the two pink tones together is something really quite stunning. Finally, 'Crushed Pearl' is my favourite, its quite a pale highlight with a subtle pink undertone to it. Its probably my all time favourite highlight now as it complements my skin tone so beautifully. All of these shades are so sheeny and reflective without being glittery, its really quite amazing. If you're a highlight junkie, or even just a makeup hoarder, you definitely need this in your stash. P.S they also make another version of this called 'That Glow' which is more warm in tone if you're not pasty white like me - this one is definitely more pink in tone. These also last all day on my skin too, win win.

Anastasia Beverly Hills Gleam Glow Kit - Available Here

Whats your favourite highlighter?

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig