Wednesday, 13 April 2016

Nars Velvet Matte Skin Tint

Hello everyone, its been a while. I find myself saying that more often than not these days and its not because I don't like blogging its because I think I've just needed a good old internet break. Sorry things have been a little patchy in terms of blog posts over the past little while but I'm going to try my hardest to keep on track with things now that I've got a little more time off work. Since its been a while I thought I'd take the time to talk about something I've genuinely been loving since I tried it. 


The Velvet Matte Skin Tint from Nars is something that I'm pretty sure every blogger has picked up and given a go since its release. Initially there were a lot of mixed reviews but personally I knew it was going to be right up my alley. As someone with combination skin I'm always looking for something thats actually going to stay on my face throughout the day, and this manages to do just that. It doesn't cling to any of my dry patches and manages to keep itself in place on my oily t-zone.
In fact, I left my makeup on when I went to the gym the other day (gross, I know) and it was still intact after a full blown sweat session. Although a little shine starts to peek through by the end of day, its the kind of shine you can pass off as a glow - I never come home looking like a greasy mess. It applies so beautifully as well, I usually apply my foundations with my Beauty Blender but as this is a little thicker in texture I actually find it blends in much better with a buffing brush. It leaves such a beautiful satin finish on the skin, might be a bit of a surprise but its not completely matte. Its a lovely medium coverage that I love for everyday wear or you can totally build it up if you're looking for a slightly fuller coverage. It also packs a pretty hefty SPF 30 which means it will see me though the summer too. In my eyes, its an all round winner - I do wish it came in a few more shades as there isn't a huge selection but I'm sure Nars will get round to this soon.

Whats your favourite base of the moment?

Nars Velvet Matte Skin Tint - Available at Space NK


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig