Cream Blush Favourites

Saturday, March 05, 2016

Hello everyone, it's that time of year where the weather is going to start warming up and Spring is just around the corner. Although it's currently snowing as I write this post... I have every faith that March is going to get me in the mood for the warmer weather though! I thought I'd talk about my cream blush favourites as when the weather heats up I favour a more glowy finish to my skin. 


I'm a huge fan of the Stila Convertible Colours as they pack quite a bit of pigment meaning you don't need to apply very much to get a pretty colour to your cheeks. These last really well on me too and aren't a pain to apply, I use the Real Techniques Stippling Brush and my face looks fabulous in seconds. They also double up and you can apply these to your lips, however I find them a little drying when I do this and they're not the easiest thing to re-apply on the go. I also really like the Mac Casual Colours, I think the one pictured is from a limited edition collection but they have a few shades as part of their permanent line. They can also be used on the lips but similarly to the Stila version I prefer them for use just on the cheeks. They're a little waxier in texture but they still blend out beautifully and last well. I also share a love for the Josie Maran Watercolour Cheek Gelee but unfortunately these aren't available in the UK (not to my knowledge anyway). The consistency is quite slippy in texture and isn't hugely pigmented but on my pasty skin it adds such a nice flush of colour that looks super natural. I really want to try some other shades as the one I have is quite bright but I'll need to save that for when a family member is over in the US! Lastly is probably my all time favourite cream blush, the Clinique Chubby Cheeks. This is super easy to apply with just a quick swipe on the cheeks and a little blending with my fingers which means I can wear this even when I'm in a hurry. It kind of dries to a satin finish and has a very smooth, velvety texture which I absolutely adore. I also love the Chubby Cheeks contour and highlight versions too!

What are your favourite cream products?

No comments:

Post a Comment