Monday, 25 January 2016

Mac Haul

Hello everyone, you may have noticed that Clares Loves has gotten a little makeover! There are still a few bits and pieces around the blog that need fixing so please bear with my while I get everything running smoothly. If you spot anything thats not running up to scratch please let me know in a comment or by sending me a quick e-mail, as I want my blog to be user friendly for you all. 

That isn't what todays post is about though! I recently placed an online order with MAC and thought I would share what I purchased. I decided to go ahead and order the Prep + Prime Skin Base after receiving a sample a little while ago, its a really nice light weight primer that doesn't have that slippy, silicone feel. Despite this, it still manages to blur my enlarged pores and smooth out my face before applying foundation. Mac recently released a collection named "Faerie Wispers" which included some foiled eyeshadows along with new lipsticks and lip glosses. I decided to pick up the foiled shadow in 'Fly By Twilight' which is a really nice silver colour. I'm pretty impressed as far as first impressions go, it certainly packs a lot of pigment anyway! I also grabbed a new eye blending brush which was released as part of this collection, but I believe it may be permanent. Its the 221 brush and its pretty much like a 217 but much skinnier, which I think will be good for blending out more precisely in the crease or under the lower lash line. The Huggable Lipcolour line was also re-realsed and I always seem to miss this one! I was so glad when I was able to add a few shades to my basket. I went for 'Commotion' which is a pretty plum colour and 'Out For Passion' which is a nice coral. From wearing these once or twice, I'm obsessed with the formula. Its so moisturising without being too slippy on the lips, it lasts an impressive amount of time too for something so creamy. I've never tried a nail polish from Mac before so I thought it was about time. I picked up 'Rain of Flowers' which is a stunning deep purple with blue shimmer running through it, the photo doesn't really do it justice but it looks beautiful on the nails. I can't really comment on its longevity at the moment as I recently got my acrylic nails taken off and no nail polish seems to last on my damaged, bendy finger nails! Last but not least I decided to try one of the new Retro Matte Liquid Lipsticks, I'm pretty new to the whole liquid lip thing but I think this has great potential. I love the colour 'To Matte With Love' its such a pretty deep pink that almost verges on the plum side. I haven't worn it for a day yet but I did try it on, I think it'll take some time to get used to the appreciated but it definitely dried down to a matte finish! Before you think I'm crazy, I did get a few gift vouchers for Christmas that helped fund this haul! I hope you've enjoyed reading this post, let me know if theres any great products from Mac I should check out next time!

Find all these products here - link
Share:

1 comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig