Max Factor FaceFinity All Day Primer

Sunday, October 25, 2015

Extending the life of my makeup is definitely a priority, I get a pretty oily T-zone so I'm pretty much willing to try everything and anything to make my makeup last all day. I've not heard too much about this primer but I know there are a few bloggers out there that swear by it, so on a recent visit to Boots I thought: hey, why not give this a go.


It has a completely different consistency from what I was expecting, it kind of feels like foundation but a little tackier once its applied to the skin. I was expecting something silicone based that would feel very smoothing but this isn't anything like that at all. In terms of filling in pores and lines, I can't say I notice a huge difference but it definitely lays down a more even and adhesive base before applying foundation. I do find my makeup sits a lot better over the top of this, it generally seems to apply more evenly which isn't a bad thing at all. It contains SPF 20, and although I'm not a believer in the addition of SPF to makeup (I don't feel like you'll ever feel the difference unless you pile it on) its a nice added extra. Personally I have mixed feelings about this. Yes my foundation applied more smoothly, but does it extend the wear of my makeup? I really can't say. My makeup still seems to break down just as quickly in my T-zone yet on the drier parts of my face I don't see any patchiness when I wear this. I find this works best for me if I apply a separate primer over my T-zone but then I feel like that kind of defeats the purpose. I'll use this until its completely empty, but I don't see myself rushing out to buy another bottle. Its nice, but I feel like my oily skin is just too much for it to handle, however, if you're on the drier side you'll probably adore this.

Whats your favourite primer?



No comments:

Post a Comment