Tuesday, 29 September 2015

My Lip Liner Collection

Kylie Jenner lips are on the rise and before the whole fuss about Velvet Teddy lipstick and Whirl lipliner from Mac I'd never really been one to line my lips all that often. Over the past few months I've branched out and tried a few different liners and I'm definitely on the band wagon for longer lasting lip colour.





Some of you might look at this collection of lip liners and wonder how I survive but the six I've gathered do the job. I think from my trialling Mac has come out top as the liners they offer seem to apply to my lips much easier than some of the others, but there are definitely some great contenders. I find when I use a liner my lipstick lasts much better, especially when its applied all over the lips before I go in with anything else. Going from the left to the right of swatches.. Maybelline Colour Sensational Lip Liner in 'Sweet Pink' is a pretty peachy nude that sits well under most of my day-to-day lip colours, its a little drying but nothing too noticeable when paired with a lipstick. Rimmel 1000 Kisses Lipliner in 'Black Tulip', this is a pretty berry kind of shade that actually applies to the lips really nicely and lasts a long time. Rimmel Exaggerate Automatic Lipliner in 'Red' - super imaginative name - is a true red shade, this liner is a retractable one meaning theres no need to sharpen it. This liner is pretty creamy and I find it doesn't last as well on the lips compared to the other lip liners I've tried. The Sleek Eua La La Liner in 'Raisin' is a very vampy dark colour, being as pale as I am I can't wear this all over my lips as personally I think its a little too extreme. Its easy to apply and has a slightly waxy texture which I think aids in its wear time. I love using this to add dimension to some of my berry lipsticks. My current favourite lipliner is Mac's 'Soar' Lip Pencil, these pencils apply to the lips so well and last pretty much all day which is why I love them so much. Soar is such a pretty pink-brown shade that sits under my favourite lipstick from Mac which is Mehr. Finally another lip pencil from Mac in the colour 'Beet' this is like a berry-red colour that really brings out the beauty in all of my plum coloured lipsticks.

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig