Concealer 101!

Monday, May 11, 2015

Hello my lovelies! Today I thought I'd talk to you about some of my favourite concealers and what I use the different types for! Sometimes it can be a little daunting to choose if you don't know where to start so hopefully this helps some of you out!




Firstly, shoutout to my dark circles! They're the main reason I use concealer, other than that I use concealer to cover any pesky pimples that show face at that time (we all know what I'm talking about here) and to highlight my face if I'm doing a more dramatic makeup look. For under my eyes I like to start with some kind of corrector, this is generally something that has a more peachy undertone in it to cancel out any blue or purple under the eyes. My 2 favourites are actually both from Bobbi Brown. The Tinted Eye Brightener is great because it has a really blendable texture, it doesn't give a massive amount of coverage but just enough to cancel out any darkness before concealer. I also like the Corrector - the one in the wee pot - its really good if I haven't got enough sleep. It has a thick, waxy texture thats great for the inner corner of the eyes. I don't like it under my whole eye area as I do find it tends to crease. For highlighting MAC's Prep + Prime in Radiant Rose is what I'm all about! I'm pretty pale so finding something lighter than my skin tone is near impossible but this is absolutely perfect. They do it in other shades too if you're not quite as pasty, but I just find it blends into the skin really well and looks really natural. I love the Maybelline Fit Me Concealer, it has a really lightweight feeling any never looks cakey on my face. I just wish they made it one shade lighter as during the colder months its just a little too dark. However, I love using to cover spots as it doesn't emphasise any dry patches I may have. Lastly, MAC Pro Longwear. The concealer of all concealers in my opinion! It covers everything without ever looking heavy and theres not an area of my face that I don't find it good for. From Under eyes to covering blemishes - its got you covered!

What are your favourite concealers? I'm thinking about trying the NARS one everyone raves about!

No comments:

Post a Comment