Thursday, 23 April 2015

My Essentials For A Perfect Manicure!

When it comes to painting my nails, I'll admit I'm no professional but I've been following a few steps recently which make such a huge difference! I find that keeping my nails slightly shorter and keeping my hands hydrated makes painting my nails much easier. Also I've changed up how I've been taking my blog photos recently so let me know what you think!




When it comes to perfecting my manicure, I always start by using a cuticle remover. This basically softens the cuticles and means you can push them back much easier. I really like the gel cuticle remover from Sally Hansen, I find it softens everything up really quickly and it's nice and moisturising too. I then like to use a cuticle pusher to gently push my cuticles back, I don't push them too much just enough to keep them neat. I then take some cuticle nippers and trim any excess cuticle and any rag nails, this makes everything look a lot tidier. For the nails themselves I file them into a rounded shape and use a buffing cube with different textured sides to make sure the nail surface even without any ridges. I then paint my nails! I don't use a base coat because I haven't found one that makes a difference to how long my polish lasts. If you've got any recommendations for a good one please let me know! I finish everything off with the Seche Vite top coat, this stuff is seriously amazing. Not only is it super fast drying, it adds a super glossy shine that makes your nails look like gel nails! I also find that my polish lasts so much longer when I use this too! Lastly when my nails are dry I make sure to moisturise my cuticles so they don't dry out. My favourite product for this is the Burts Bees Lemon Cuticle Butter, it smells amazing and it moisturises my nails so much! I hope this out has been helpful and let me know if you've got any other tips for doing your nails at home!

What are your manicure essentials?

Share:

13 comments

  1. I haven't tried the body shop cuticle oil, I'll need to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. its really good for smoothing out and ridges and bumps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My manicures has never been anything like perfect, so i'll try this!

    http://industrialbarbie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect timing for finding your blog - I'm just about to paint my nails and I would of missed out so many steps!

    I haven't repurchased Seche Vite since I ran out but you have reminded me how good it really was. Xx

    Olivia - www.cravemorebeauty.blogspot.co.uk
    https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/crave-more-beauty-6958639

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am absolutely hopeless at painting my nails! Some great tips and I love Barry M nail polishes the most haha x

    http://gingerphoebe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am not a manicure person at all but you make it seem so simple! I love the colour of the polish, I bet it looks great on you!

    xx Bash | Bash Says Hey | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  7. Let me know how you get on!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seche vite is seriously amazing stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Barry m too! I hope this post was helpful :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That nail polish looks amazing!


    www.saltandchic.com

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig