Sunday, 29 March 2015

MAC Cinderella Collection - My Thoughts!

So my post on the MAC Cinderella collection might be a little late to the party but I really wanted to try the products properly before I wrote about them. I know a lot of people have been quite disappointed in this collection so I thought I'd share with you my true and honest opinions!


Firstly the packaging is absolutely gorgeous, the baby blue and gold together is just absolutely stunning. Even the boxes are beautiful, the gold runs all throughout the inside of the box giving it a highly luxurious feel.










Swatches Above L-R: Coup de Chick Iridescent Powder, Royal Ball Lipstick, Glass Slipper Lipglass.


Swatches Above: Stroke of Midnight Eyeshadow Palette.

I picked up a few things, and I'm pleased I managed to get my hands on them. I missed the online launch but even if I did catch it, I heard it all sold out within a few hours anyways. So I went to my local MAC store - checked in advance when the collection would be in - and queued about 45 minutes before the store opened. Am I crazy? I was however first in the queue of about 20 people and then my and my friend Shanice went for a fabulous afterwards. 

The first thing I was desperate to get my hands on was the lipstick in Royal Ball, a pretty nude-pink in my favourite Lustre finish. This is a beautiful lipstick, not hugely pigmented but it creates a nice nude lip without completely washing out all traces of colour. Also the lipstick packaging is so perfect, even if i hated the product inside I would've probably still picked this up just for the packaging and the satisfaction of having it sit on my dressing table. 

Next I picked up one of the lip glosses, I went for Glass Slipper. It doesn't give a massive amount of colour on the lips but it has the most gorgeous fuchsia glitter reflects in it which aren't at all gritty on the lips. It looks so pretty when paired with the Royal Ball lipstick. 

I also grabbed the Iridescent Powder in Coup de Chic. These powders are what have disappointed a lot of people, personally I'm a fan. I am, however, very pale so for people any darker than an NC15 I can see why the product might not appeal. On me, this powder is kind of like a blush and highlight all in one. Again not hugely pigmented but it is build able, it gives me a gorgeous peachy glow on the skin which I love. It does have quite a bit of glitter in it though so if you're not a glitter person they maybe avoid this one. I personally think a bit of glitter never hurt anyone - right? 

Lastly I went for the Stroke of Midnight eyeshadow palette, which I think is my favourite of the bunch. All the colours are permanent shades apart from Stroke of Midnight which is in the bottom right hand corner. I don't own any of the other shades and for me its a perfect little neutral palette that I could easily take with me when I'm travelling. Its definitely my favourite purchase out of everything. I genuinely do like this collection, I think its classy and subdued and I think that the colours in the collection perfectly reflect the kind of makeup Cinderella herself would wear!

If MAC ever restock online you can find the products here, if not your best luck is in store!

Share:

11 comments

  1. The powder looks so beautiful. I'm an NC10 and that type of product works best as a blush for me.
    And I've fallen in love with the Macroviolet fluidline and I haven't even touched it yet!
    The collection hasn't done bad at all.

    Skin Deep Beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really wish I got the fluid lines!

      Delete
  2. I absolutely love the packaging of this collection! Its so cute :) x

    http://gingerphoebe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really love the pics! They are great!
    The eyeshadow palet is amazing!!

    I would be sooo happy if we will follow each other, if you like my blog too :)
    xoxo Colli // tobeyoutiful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! the palette is my fav!

      Delete
  4. The eyeshadow palette is absolutely stunning, if I didn't already have a few of the shades in single from I would be all over this palette!
    xxx Claire
    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. The lipstick and iridescent powder are to die for!! So gutted I couldn't get my hands on any of this, it's all so beautiful :(
    Zelda // OhZelda xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you might still find it in store!

      Delete
  6. The packaging is so nice, and that eyeshadow palette looks gorgeous!

    crush-on-blush.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig