NARS 'Never Say Never' Velvet Matte Lip Pencil!

Friday, April 25, 2014

If you read my recent post on plum lips you will already recognise this absolute beauty, but I thought it deserved its very own post so I can spill all the details with you!






The Velvet Matte Lip Pencils have a very matte texture (obviously) but they somehow manage to avoid being overly drying on the lips. They glide on like a dream and don't drag like some matte lipsticks can. What I love more is that the colour is build able, you can apply a sheer layer and blend it in with your fingers for a tinted lip colour effect, or you can build it up layer by layer to create and intense matte look. I personally love a matte lip as I think it can balance out a smokey eye well and for me, matte lips almost look and feel natural! I love how pigmented this pencil is and how it manages to be matte but not too drying. The colour - of course - is right up my alley, a berry-plum colour with blueish undertones which I think compliment my fair complexion perfectly. If I don't feel like matte lips I simply apply a little lip balm on top of this and it adds an extra bit of moisture back into the lips without altering the finish of the lip pencil too much. Personally I can't wait to get my hands on more of these and if you haven't got a Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in your makeup bag - you're seriously missing out!

NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil - Available at Space NK.

6 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful colour! Looks like the perfect holiday colour :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think its a great colour for all year round!

      Delete
  2. Such a lovely shade! it looks great on you!


    http://creepersandcupcakes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a pretty color ! perfect for Spring and Summer :) xx
    www.ambifashion.com

    ReplyDelete