Tuesday, 18 March 2014

Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation!

Yes, I caved into the hype. I'm sorry! From all the raving I've heard around this foundation it sounded absolutely perfect for me. I gave in a splashed out and picked up what has turned out to be my new all time favourite foundation! For me, Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk has no contenders!



When something gets so much praise I always wonder if everyones being entirely honest and for a little while I like to hold off on purchasing so I can read a wide variety of reviews. This little beauty has been popping up on my bloglovin' feed over and over again and with Anna (viviannadoesmakeup) continually saying its the best foundation ever, I had to pick it up! 

Armani have an impressive shade range in this foundation but for me, the palest shade (2) still isn;t quite pale enough for my ghostly white skin. However, in the summer I think this will be absolutely perfect. For now though, its just a little off - nothing I cant work with. I want to give a big shout-out to the fabulous packaging, luxurious frosted glass and the Armani logo embossed into the shiny black cap. Gorgeous. 

The foundation itself is a medium coverage which is definitely build-able to a full coverage, yet it doesn't look heavy or cakey on the skin at all. I would say it has a satin like finish on the skin which means its not super 'dewy' nor is it super matte, its the perfect in between which is what I think makes it look like skin so well. Despite its 'luminous' title it lasts so well on my combination skin, it doesn't cling to any of my dry patches and it doesn't break down on separate on my t-zone. When a little oil starts coming through I end up looking like I have a nice natural glow, nothing greasy or slippery at all. I wore this foundation to work one day on a 9 hour shift and when I got home it looked the same as when I first applied it which is absolutely amazing on my skin! This is definitely my new favourite, it does everything I want in a foundation. It evens my skin perfectly and doesn't leave me looking or feeling like I'm wearing a mask. I definitely recommend giving it a go or most definitely checking it out!

Also I'm selling a few Clinique bits on eBay right now, so if you want to check that out then click here!

Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation - Available here.
Share:

2 comments

  1. I really want this but felt the same as you. Think I may have to bite the bullet too

    Carrieanne xx
    beautiesunlocked.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds perfect... It looks perfect! I want to buy it! XD

    ❤ ✿ NEW POST ✿ ❤
    Rinako

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig