Tuesday, 11 March 2014

Clare's Going to Exercise?!

http://healthcloseup.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Fitness-motivational-quotes.jpg
Todays post isn't a beauty review, its more of an insight into my mind right now. As I'm sure most us decided, one of my new years resolutions was to eat better and to try get a little fitter. However, I'm finding myself in this slump where motivation is practically non existent. I look at myself in the mirror and I'm not happy with the reflection. Don't get me wrong, I'm not super fat or anything but I just don't like what I see. Loads of posts are floating around these-days about loving your body and being comfortable in the skin your in. This is all fine and well but how can you do that when you can't seem to like your own body? I know I need to get fit, I mean, I walk up a flight of stairs and contemplate whether I'm having an asthma attack.. I'm lazy and I know it. 

Exercise hasn't really ever been a part of my life and I envy those that I see out for a run in the morning or in their sports gear heading to the gym. I used to hate P.E at school, simply because I'm not a particularly athletic person. I'm not a fast runner, I can't jump high, I can't swim very well, I'm useless with anything that involves a ball and even when I did try I'd always be the worst in the class or I'd come last. I guess this is probably a big contributor to my anxiety around exercise now but I know I need to do it or things will only get worse. 

So when I look in the mirror now, all I see is my chubby legs, my slightly podgy tummy and the stretch marks that taint these areas. I feel my clothes hugging a little tighter than I'd like and it kind of gets me down. I want to love my body, I really do but right now I just don't feel like I can. I don't want to lose heaps of weight and I don't want to look like the stick like models we all see in the magazines. I just want to even things out a little and become an overall healthier, fitter person. I want to be able to go for a jog and not feel embarrassed about it and I want to want to go out for a jog! I just feel like I sit around and it doesn't do anything for me, I want to get my motivation back and I want to introduce fitness into my life. 

So heres the plan. To begin with I will do one hour of something three days of the week. I think I'll wap out the old Wii Fit and do some yoga to get my muscles back into shape. As well as this I want to exercises that don't involve me going outside, or being seen by anyone! Things like sit-ups and squats, again just to get my body into the swing of things. I want to do a lot of stretching and really work on getting my body used to not sitting around. After a couple of weeks of this, I think I'll try going for a jog, maybe more of a brisk walk to begin with but I'm going to do it once I feel more comfortable with the inside activities. I know a lot of people say that exercise makes them feel better so I want to make an effort to get started, to get into the habit of a healthier more active lifestyle. The gym kind of scares me right now but hopefully in the future getting a gym membership will be something on my agenda.

I've been reluctant to write this post for quite some time now but I feel that if I tell you guys and promise to update you on things every once in a while then it'll make me more inclined to just do it. I'm hoping that from forcing myself to give it a try once or twice it'll make me want to do it more which in turn, will hopefully make me start to feel better and more positive towards my body. If anyone has any suggestions or anything then please leave a comment below!
Share:

1 comment

  1. I started exercising last summer because I had gained some weight after my first year of college. Doing some kind of exercise three days a week and then taking my dog for a 30 minute walk on a few other days kept me moving and helped me lose a lot of weight. Also, using portion control and making healthier choices made a giant impact.

    Madeline | Ring-a-Round a Rosey | Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig