Monday, 17 February 2014

Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette!


Despite getting this lovely palette when it first released, I decided to hold off on wiring about it. I knew everyones feed was going to be absolutely bombarded with everyone talking about it and I felt I should really give it a go and try it out for a while so I can give my full, honest review. Of course it amazing, and of course I totally don't need it.. But I'm sure you'll all understand when I say I do need it.. I don't have any palette like it and pinks aren't something I usually would go for.


Firstly I'll talk about the packaging. Its in a metal tin case, very similar to that of the Naked 2 palette, except this time its got a textured pattern on it and the Naked 3 text is in a beautiful gold colour which compliments the rosy tin quite nicely. I must say I do like this style of packaging more over the original Naked palette as I feel its a lot more sturdy and like its going to protect my shadows a lot better if I drop it.


There are some absolutely gorgeous shades packed in this palette so heres my rundown of them all:

Strange - An off white matte colour that makes a great brow highlight. The matte texture isn't chalky at all and its pigmented well. It feels buttery soft and blends wonderfully.
Dust - This is a super glittery light pink colour, it has a little fallout if you're not careful but its an amazingly pigmented colour.
Burnout - This is quite similar to Dust but its not nearly as glittery and its slightly darker. It blends great and its super soft, buttery eyeshadow.
Limit - The second matte eyeshadow in this palette, its a mauvey-pink colour which looks wonderful in the crease when used with other colours from the palette. Its not chalky and blends well.
Buzz - This is personally one of my favourite colours, its a shimmery lilac colour that packs a little bit of sparkle. Its so buttery and its a great colour for adding a little pop to your look.
Trick - Another star of the palette for me, its a beautiful rose gold colour thats quite shimmery too. It looks lovely washed all over the lid and I honest don't have anything bad to say about it!
Nooner - This is the third matte colour in the palette, slightly darker in tone that limit and it also is not chalky and blends well.

Liar - This lovely bronze colour is another great one for all over the lid, it has beautiful rosy undertone which gives it that extra bit of something on the eyes.
Factory - This is another bronzy-rose colour, just like all the other shadows its nice a buttery and blends really well.
Mugshot - A more cool toned brownish colour that looks really pretty as well as being a greatly pigmented shadow.
Darkside - This is a charcoal-grey colour which has a nice amount of shimmer in it, its a lovely colour for those darker, smokier looks.
Blackheart - The colour everyone got excited about! I can see why, its a super black eyeshadow with red-pink glitter running through it. It looks lovely packed on top of a regular black liner to make it a little different.





I can't say I think much of the brush that comes with the palette but I've never particularly been a fan of any of the Urban Decay brushes. It okay, but not something I would reach for over my other brushes. I really like this palette though, at first I was a little unsure as the rosy hues kind of scared me a little. Theres no need to worry though as the colours are a lot easier to work with than I thought they'd be! Its generally another stunning palette from one of my favourite brands and if you happen to see it store, you should definitely have a little swoon.

Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette - Available here at Debenhams.

Share:

8 comments

  1. Great review! I have been struggling to decide which NAKED palette I should buy for a while now, as I do feel the 1st and 2nd are fairly similar, and I already own shades similar to those in the first two. However the NAKED3 is so different and includes a lot more different and unusual shades! This review has really helped me to make my mind up, thank you! xx

    Safah x

    saf-ah.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great review tempting me to buy more expensive make up! haha
    Lauren | OhHay Blogs!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful colors! Really sweet shades of pink :3
    Thanks for the review!

    ❤ ✿ VISIT MY BLOG ✿ ❤
    Rinako

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its so pretty to look at isn't it!

      Delete
  4. Nice colors!! would you like to follow each other with GFC and Bloglovin? let me know..
    Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig