Saturday, 8 February 2014

Soap & Glory Glad Hair Day Shampoo & Conditioner!

I'm a Soap & Glory lover, all their products are amazing and continue to impress me with their beautiful scents and wonderful abilities! These cute little hair products popped up under my Christmas tree last year thanks to my mum and now that I've been using them for a while I thought I should report back to you guys to let you know how I got on with them!


Firstly I want to mention what my hair is like, I have a lot of hair... Its pretty long and its so thick! A lot of people say its a blessing and that they wish that had hair as thick as mine but personally I find it a bit of a chore! Its quite heavy and its a lot of work to brush and wash and style along with everything else. Its also quite tangly, probably from all the damage I've caused from continually dying my hair in my younger teenage years. Right not I have my natural colour on the top with a blonde ombre which I love! However, the bleaching process required to get blonde on dark hair probably wasn't the best thing for it. 

Anyways, I've been using this shampoo and conditioner duo for about 3 weeks now and I must say that I love the shampoo so much! It smells amazing like most Soap & Glory products but this is particularly fruity which I love. It has a thick, gel like consistency which lathers really well in the hair. I find it makes my hair feel really clean without making it feel dry or stripped of its natural goodness. Its light enough on my heavy hair and it doesn't weigh it down at all which is something I always look for in a good shampoo. After using it daily for about a week I noticed a nice healthy shine to my hair, even on my damaged ends - something I rarely see! I think my hair really likes this shampoo and once I run out I think I'll definitely be picking up another bottle.

The conditioner wasn't such a hit unfortunately. Again, it smells lovely and has a nice gel type consistency which is much runnier than the shampoo. My problem with this is that I seem to need absolutely heaps of it to feel it doing anything to my hair. By heaps I mean about almost a whole handful.. Which in my opinion isn't very cost effective. I condition my hair from root to tip as otherwise I won't get a brush through it and I honestly didn't feel like I'd conditioned my hair at all when I used this. I think I have to much and too thick hair for this conditioner and I think it would be great for someone with thinner, lighter hair. I don't want to say its a bad product, I just don't think its for me.

I really enjoyed trying out these hair products as its not often I switch up from my usual Tresemme favourites. I think I might try the Soap & Glory Thick Conditioner next to see if my hair gets on better with it! You can purchase the Soap & Glory Glad Hair Day range here at Boots.


Share:

4 comments

  1. I have used the Glad Hair Day conditioner for a while now, although I agree that there are better conditioners out there… Have you tried their hair mask before? Its much better!

    www.rachelsfashionpatch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw I havent tried the mask! I'll need to give it a go :)

      Delete
  2. I wish that my hair is like yours too...

    I think I have tried this brand before, but I can't recall anything...

    http://www.gwiyomistyle.net/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw! you really don't want my hair haha!

      Delete

Blog Design Created by pipdig