Sunday, 23 February 2014

Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser!

Maybelline seem to be jumping on the 'baby' range of products, first their Baby Lips and now the most recent edition: Baby Skin. The Baby Skin is supposed to be a primer applied before your foundation to give you a poreless, smooth complexion. Here on the blogosphere I've seen it being dubbed as a 'dupe' for the oh-so-famous Benefit Porefessional. As lovely as Porefessional is, it comes with quite a price tag and for £7.99 I thought it was worth giving this primer a go.


Personally I don't think its that similar to Porefessoinal at all, I think its more like the Smashbox Photofinish primer - another cult favourite. I think the reason it reminds me of the Smashbox version is because its clear in colour. Something about the texture too seems more similar. I think that the Baby Skin is a nice primer, it fills in any large pores and smoothes out the texture of the skin before applying makeup. I do find that you only need a small amount though, if you apply too much the skin becomes slippy and it becomes hard for any makeup to adhere to it. I find that a little certainly goes a long way. Unlike the Smashbox or Benefit version I don't think that the Baby Skin makes a massive difference to how long my makeup lasts. I would say it definitely keeps it looking flawless though out the day instead of looking like an oily mess, but not as long as its high end competitors. However, I do think for its price tag it performs very well, it does what it says on the tin; it smooths out the skin and gives you a poreless complexion! If you've wanted to try a primer I'd definitely say to give this a go before you splash out on something more pricey.

Maybelline Baby Skin - Available here at Boots.



Share:

10 comments

  1. This one is great I think for people just starting out with makeup or don't have too much money :)
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your reviews!
    The product's price is nice and quality isn't the worst : )

    ❤ ✿ NEW POST ✿ ❤
    Rinako

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! and yes its lovely for the price!

      Delete
  3. I have heard so much positive reviews about this and the price is excellent too! I really need to try it for myself before I decide if its good or not really liked your review xx


    www.krystelcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. great review!
    following you via gfc and bloglovin now. hope you'll follow me, too!
    happy day!

    http://www.getcarriedaway.net/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you :) Ill follow you back

      Delete
  5. It sounds like a great product, thanks for the review <3

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig