Wednesday, 9 October 2013

Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge!

I'm finally back with a proper post and let me tell you! Its something I think you'll all want to try.
I've always wanted a Beauty Blender, but the price tag that comes with it makes it a big no no for me! I've always just said 'its just a sponge' but after trying this little bad boy I'm keen to try out some more sponges! 



I'm not entirely sure if I use this sponge entirely correctly but I like to run it under water and then rinse it out as best as a can before using it. When I do this it increases in size a little and it becomes much softer and I find it blends out my makeup much better. I don't know if it was intended to be used wet as instructions for this little orange sponge seem to be sparse.

From watching Sam's video on her Real Techniques YouTube channel she uses the flat side of the sponge to apply her foundation and she kind of sweeps the sponge over her face to blend it in. However, I find that I much prefer to use the fat rounded side of the sponge for foundation and I kind of stipple it over my face to blend. I find it much easier to get a flawless finish this way and its a lot better for building up coverage in the places I need it. I also love the pointed end for applying my concealer! I've been using it everyday, even when I haven't been using the sponge for the rest of my face! It manages to blend my concealer so beautifully that I just can't get enough of it! 

I really love this sponge and it makes a nice change to using a brush to apply my makeup, I'm personally not a fan of using this for cream blush or powder but I love it so much for both foundation and concealer! It's so soft and bouncy and the bright orange colour looks great sitting on my desk! Have you tried this yet?

Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge available here.

Share:

1 comment

  1. I've been loving the finish that a damp sponge provides to my foundation!
    It makes every foundation look flawless and natural :)
    I'm definitely going to try that one. xx

    // Inês Paúl //

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig