Saturday, 13 July 2013

My Current Skincare Routine - Updated!

Hello my lovelies! Today I want to talk about my new skincare routine which I am absolutely loving! I've finally, finally managed to ditch face wipes all together and I am so impressed with myself haha! I did a skincare routine post a while back which I liked but it wasn't amazing. This routine has been working wonderfully with my skin, and since sticking to it I've noticed huge improvements in my skin! I usually have very oily skin, mostly in the T-zone with the odd dry patch of my cheeks where my skin normally feels a little dehydrated. With this skincare routine both my dry skin and oily skin are improving and I am so pleased! So without further ado, lets get down to it!


In the morning I start my using my Clinique 7 Day Scrub Cream in the shower to make sure all the dead skin cells are off my face. After this I use a little of the L'Oreal Micellar Solution on a cotton pad all over my face to cleanse my skin and make sure its clean. I then like to do the same thing with my Origins Make A Difference Skin Rejuvenating Treatment Lotion as this tones my skin and prepares it for moisturiser. I apply my eye cream next, I use the Clinique All About Eyes one (this is a sample size but I will be purchasing the full size when its done). Finally I use my Origins GinZing Energy Boosting Moisturiser all over. I love this moisturiser so much! It has a great lemon scent and really wakes my dull skin up, it's also been helping great with my skin dehydration and it controls the oils in my skin too. Once I'm done with all of these steps my skin is ready for makeup! Although sometimes I like to give my skin a break from.




At the end of the day, I love taking off my makeup and cleaning my face - its so refreshing and the feeling of going to bed with a fresh face is amazing. To begin I like to use my Superdrug Vitamin E Hot Cloth Cleanser to remove most of my makeup and my Clinique Take the Day off Makeup Remover for my eye area. Both of these products do a great job at getting everything off! After this I wipe some of the Clarins Water Purify One-Step Cleanser over my skin as double cleansing is an effective way to make sure every last drop of makeup is removed, especially if I've been wearing any products containing SPF. After everything has been removed I spray my face with my Avene Thermal Spring Water as it's super refreshing and adds in a little bit of the hydration that cleansing can sometimes remove. After this is sweep some of the Origins Make A Difference Lotion over my face and follow up with my Clinique eye cream and my Origins Make A Difference Plus. Lastly I apply some lip balm, I'm really in love with the Nivea Lip Butters Right now, I have a couple and I love them both!


At the end of the week I will apply some of the La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo to my skin at night before I moisturise to de-clog my pores and my sure my skin stays clear. Once a week I will also use my Dalacin T Topical Lotion which is an acne treatment I receive from my doctor. I like to also use it in advance of the certain times of the month when I know my skin will break out a little, even though I'm generally not bothered by acne or blemishes any more.

So thats how I keep my skin fabulous! I think skincare is so important, even though I'm still quite young I'm a strong believer in the fact that prevention is better than cure! Sorry about the Make a Difference Plus photo being different from the others! I can't find the photo I took of it for the post anywhere! Let me know what you think in the comments! 

Share:

2 comments

  1. Hey Lovely! I just stopped by to say Hi and to let you know I'm following your blog via Bloglovin now! Mind following my Blog too? <3 ♥♥ Click here to follow my Blog on Bloglovin ♥♥ | http://www.theinsideoutbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you! I'm now following you back on bloglovin and GFC :)

      Delete

Blog Design Created by pipdig