Saturday, 1 June 2013

May Beauty Favourites!

As stereotypical as it sounds.. Where has this year gone?! Time definitely flies and with it being my new years resolution to work harder at my blog I'd like to introduce some of my new adjustments in making my blog more interesting. I've now got a new backdrop for taking pictures of products (constructed out of some wood and fabric) which hopefully will introduce more consistency to my photos. I've also decided to stop being lazy and use my actual camera to take pictures rather than being lazy and using my trusty iPhone - thus hopefully resulting in better quality photos haha! I am also going to be publishing a new post every third day now to make sure theres always new content for you! Anyways I hope you guys like these subtle changes and you'll be seeing a lot more of this pretty heart fabric in the future! On with the favourites..



All these products are things which I have not yet mentioned on my blog before - tryna' keep things interesting here! - but don't worry the full reviews are to follow soon. These things are all new purchases from the past couple of months and I'm practically obsessed with them! May has been a pretty good month for discovering new things and I think it's a good time of year for this since the seasons-are-a-changing!

1. Garnier Caffeine Eye Roll-On - link, has been a must have for me this month. I purchased it without really thinking about it and I'm seriously addicted. It's great for using in the morning to get rid of those sleepy looking eye bags and to give the eye area a boost. It makes my face feel nice and awake during those nasty early starts.

2. Bumble & Bumble Surf Spray - link, has been a handy little helper in assisting me in achieving the messy, curly look I like to create on a day-to-day basis. It makes my hair look like I've been swimming in some exotic sea water abroad when really I've just been moping about in rainy Scotland.

3. Clarins Beauty Flash Balm - link. This cutie really helps add radiance to the face when applied under makeup and I've been finding its a must-have when I'm going to a spring, fresh glowy look. I love the texture and it works well with my oily skin.

4. YSL Rouge Volupte Shine Lipstick no. 6 'Pink in Devotion' - link. Oh. My. Goodness. This lipstick has thee most amazing packaging I've ever seen! Not to mention the fact that this is an amazing pink colour which really brightens the face and instantly makes you look more summery!

5. Models Own Fruit Pastel Nail Polish 'Apple Pie' - link, this is the perfect minty-green colour for spring and I absolutely adore it, even though I don't really smell the scent when it's on my nails I really don't mind as its such a lovely colour and I've worn it non-stop since I got it!

I hope you guys enjoyed this post! Let me know below what your favourites are this month!



Share:

14 comments

  1. That looks like a gorgeous color lipstick! YSL seems to put out some amazing colors.

    -Maddy @ www.BeautyBanterBlog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I spent ages at the counter trying to just buy one and not 5 haha!

      Delete
  2. Great blog ! I love the surf spray ! I'm following you ! Maybe you could follow me back ? Thanks so much ! :)

    gemmaandthelittleblog.blogspot.com

    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) and absolutely! I'm now following you on bloglovin :)

      Delete
  3. Love the colour of that nail polish!!
    Can't wait for new posts!

    www.hbbeautyblog.blogspot.com

    Hannah xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! It's such a lovely green :)

      Delete
  4. the clarins balm massively intrigues me - i love their stuff! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great, you can use it like a primer or as a face mask :)

      Delete
  5. heyy love your blog! I really want a YSL lipstick, but I feel so guilty spending that much on a lipstick! but then I'm fine spending the money on their foundation haha x

    http://laurathinksabout.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I felt guilty spending that much on a lipstick too but we've got to treat ourselves right? Haha that's my excuse anyways :)

      Delete
  6. Think I'm going to have to try that garnier eye roll on, it sounds great! And that Lipstick is Gorgeous!!

    Rachel
    xx

    http://lustslovesandmusthaves.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm addicted to it now! It really wakes me up in the morning :) and yes! It's the most gorgeous colour I've ever seen hhaha!

      Delete
  7. The lipstick is so glam x 1stepclosereveryday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I know! I keep it out on my desk and just like to stare at it :)

      Delete

Blog Design Created by pipdig