Saturday, 4 May 2013

Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette

Okay, okay! I know, I wasn't going to buy this but.. I caved in.. I had to complete my Naked collection.  Also an urban decay counter opened up in a Debenhams near me and I simply couldn't help myself!


This palette has six fabulously neutral shades, all matte apart from one! Venus has a slight shimmer to it which makes it perfect for highlighting the brow bone and inner corner!


These colours are great for everyday in my opinion, the mainly matte combination doesn't look too over done during the day and can be built up to be more dramatic in the evening. As usual from Urban Decay these eyeshadows are super pigmented meaning this little beast of a palette is going to last a long time! 


The shades: Venus - to me this is like an off white colour with a slight shimmer which is great for highlighting!
Foxy - This is a pale, matte colour which has a yellowy undertone, great for sweeping all over the lid!
Walk of Shame - Similar to Foxy but with a pink undertone, also great for all over the lid.
Naked 2 - A cool toned matte, brown which makes a nice crease colour.
Faint - A slightly darker brown which is more warm toned.
Crave - A dark matte black which is lovely to use as an eyeliner!


Swatches, left to right - Venus, Foxy, W.O.S, Naked 2, Faint, 
Above - Crave.

I personally think this is a lovely little palette, great for everyday as the colours are super easy to work with and blend together fabulously. I think this is a great addition to my makeup collection and I think it will be a staple in my everyday make up for a long time!

Share:

2 comments

  1. I said I wouldn't buy it either but the temptation is killing me! Lovely post my dear :) xo

    http://labelsandlipsticks.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just couldn't hold back any longer! Haha thank you :)

      Delete

Blog Design Created by pipdig