Wednesday, 6 March 2013

Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation!

You've probably read a million blog posts on this, but I only just got round to writing about it! I actually really like it! I'm super impressed! I picked up the shade 130 Shell as this is the palest one my local Boots had. I would say its a little too dark for me but it blends in so wonderfully that it really isn't very noticeable.



I don't usually use drugstore/highstreet foundations as I guess I'm always under the impression that you get what you pay for. I was pleasantly surprised with this £8.99 purchase! 

I would say it gives light - medium coverage but you could definitely build it up with another layer on top if you wanted a more full coverage. It blends into the skin so well, which I wasn't expecting. It has SPF 20 which is really impressive for a cheap foundation too! I love how it feels on my skin, its very light and when I'm wearing it it doesn't feel like I have a full face of makeup on. Despite being quite light in coverage it manages to smooth over pores and it doesn't settle into them after time either. Having quite oily skin I was a bit worried that this wouldn't be as long lasting since it isn't that pricey but it actually stays on for quite some time! I would say I can wear this for around 5 hours without having to blot or re-powder which is great. 

It reminds me a lot of the YSL Le Teint Touche Eclat foundation (I think thats what its called) that I got a sample of. The YSL foundation kind of slid off my face after an hour though, its probably more suitable for someone with dry/normal skin. It's similar in the sense that it's very light and radiant and thats what I really like about it. Normally because I have oily skin I have to use very matte foundations that can sometimes look a little cakey - attractive. I wanted to pick up the matching powder for this foundation too but when I swatched the samples in the shop the powder was far too dark for me.

I'm so glad I picked this up! Despite not being that enthusiastic to begin with! If you've used this let me know what you think, and I'm still following anyone back who follows me through GFC.

Share:

4 comments

  1. I've just found and followed your blog, I hated the YSL Le Teint Touché Eclat foundation though so I'm a little hesistant to try this. Great review though :) xo

    labelsandlipsticks.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Ill definitely check out your blog and follow you back :D I much prefer this to the YSL foundation, the revlon one actually has some staying power!

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for this great review - I really appreciate reviews when people are totally honest!

    xx
    Kelly
    Sparkles and Shoes

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig