Friday, 8 March 2013

Review: La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo

After seeing this on basically every blog I read I thought I may as well pick it up. For most people this seems to be a miracle product for oily/blemish prone skin and since I have that skin type too I had pretty high hopes.


I'm not disappointed in this product at all, I think it works quite well. I've been using it for almost 3 weeks now and I've found how I can use it to make it work for me. From my understanding I think this product is meant to work by breaking down the dirt in your pores, thus giving you clearer skin that is less oily with less breakouts. 

This time last year my skin was a nightmare, I'd tried several different things from my doctor with no success. Finally I was given Dalacin T Topical Lotion which I was told to apply twice a day on clean skin. It's supposed to be like an antibiotic for your skin, so rather than just dealing with the present blemishes it's supposed to kill the infection in your skin, causing breakouts to stop happening. For me, this is what really cleared up my skin. Now I generally only get one or two blemishes on the 'bad week of the month'. Haha!

Anyways, I started using the Effaclar Duo morning and night in replacement of my Dalacin T as I felt that my skin was clear and it might be able to cope with changing things up a bit. However, on stopping using what was given to me by my doctor I've noticed that I have been getting blemishes again. So, for my skin, I don't think its the right thing for helping with breakouts. I have, however, found what I really love this product for - oil control! 

I've been using my Dalacin T at night time and then the Effaclar Duo in the morning before I moisturise. Let me just say, this product is hands down better at controlling oil than any other primer I've used before! I honestly don't know what I do without it now! Even though I haven't noticed that my pores are clearer or that I don't find this right for my acne, I'm still in love! If you know me you'll know that I really struggle to find products that stay on my skin all day, or help others to stay. This is the answer to my prayers ladies and gentlemen! If you've got oily skin, seriously, give this a go!


I'm really keen for trying more products from this brand after the Beauty Buying Ban is over, if you've tried any then let me know! I'm still following back anyone who follows me on GFC and I'll see you in the next post!

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig