Friday, 1 February 2013

Review: Rimmel Apocalips

Okay, so I know I'm probably slightly later with my review of these but honestly I couldn't get them anywhere! I went to 3 different Boots stores and they were all completely sold out! But really, they were worth the wait.

these look fluffy! I was wearing a woollen jumper haha

Left to right: Stellar, Big Bang, Celestial

To begin with I was slightly confused with what these were, I saw so many of my favourite bloggers raving about them and I was so excited about all the bright colours that I rushed out to get some, sadly to be disappointed. Eventually I got my hands on them and I am so glad I persevered and waited. 

They're like a cross between a lip gloss and a lip stick and have been given the name "lip lacquer", the pigment of a lipstick and the shine of a good lip gloss. They also have a nice refreshing cucumber like scent and feel very creamy on the lips. I also think they have pretty good staying power for what they are, I would say the glossy shine lasts for around 2 hours and after that they leave a nice stain that probably lasts for another 2-3 hours. They wear off nicely as well, I find with lip sticks that they fade kind of patchy and look a bit strange but these seem to fade evenly - making sure you don't look like you need to top them up!

The colours are super vibrant and pigmented, I'm so pleased with them. The colours I chose are Stellar which is a nice orange toned coral which I think will be great in the summer, Big Bang which is a bright red which I love! and Celestial which is a mauve toned pink which is great for every day wear (kind of reminds me of Revlon's balm stain in the colour Honey). 

I'm definitely glad I managed to get a hold of some of these and definitely recommend them to anyone who likes wearing bright lips - I think they're also still 3 for 2 in Boots right now. They have a great range of colours form neutrals to brights and if I had it my way I would have bought all the shades! I don't think thats a good idea though!

Let me know if you have these and what you think of them in the comments below, I'm still following back anyone who follows my blog through GFC. If you follow through BlogLovin leave me a comment and I'll follow you back too! 

Share:

2 comments

  1. I really want to pick up celestial! I have Big Bang and luna, I love them x

    www.lamourjosie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Celestial is definitely my favourite, such a good everyday colour :)

      I checked out your blog by the way! It's great, would love if we could follow each other? :D x

      Delete

Blog Design Created by pipdig