Tuesday, 5 February 2013

My New Friend! The Olloclip

People of the internet! Let me introduce you to my new friend: The Olloclip! If you're addicted to your iPhone like me and also enjoy taking plenty of pictures of your day-to-day life and memories then this is the perfect thing for you! The Olloclip is a small device which slides over the existing camera lens of your iPhone, it provides 3 camera lens options: Fisheye, Macro and Wide angle.

Normal iPhone Camera, no lens

Macro lens

Fisheye lens

Normal iPhone camera, no lens

Phone not moved from picture above, only difference is addition of Wide Angle lens

Olloclip

Olloclip

It's tiny!

protective bag which doubles as a lens cleaner!

lens caps

how it looks on the iPhone 5!

I love this so much, the wide angle lens really does allow you to capture a lot more in your picture with just the addition of this small device. The macro lens also works great (to access it you have to unscrew the wide angle) allowing you to take pictures in great detail of things just over a centimetre away! My favourite has to be the fisheye lens, I've always been a fan of the rounded look it gives pictures. Hopefully you can get an idea of what the Olloclip can do from the pictures above! 

I think it's great because for someone like me - who is in no way a photographer of any kind - it allows so much more creativity without having to humph around a heavy DSLR. I feel kind of guilty borrowing my mums camera to take nicer pictures for my blog all the time, so this is the perfect thing. It's also so small (yet so powerful!) that it can fit in your bag or pocket really easily, meaning you can take it with you wherever you go.

I purchased my Olloclip from Amazon and paid £49.99 which was a pretty good deal considering these usually retail for around £69.99. I'm definitely going to use this all the time! Especially for my blog! Let me know what you think of it, if you have one or not and I'll see you in my next post!

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig