Face of the Day #3 Soft Rock

Monday, February 25, 2013

 I decided to do something a little different today as I recently watched the film "The Runaways" and I felt inspired by the rock chick kind of look. Of course I didn't want to do something quite so harsh as the dark liner as I'm a neutral kinda girl! I used mostly grey colours paired with a plum lip to give a slightly more edgy look.



For my face I used the Garnier Miracle Skin BB Cream which I mixed with the Avon Magic X illuminating face perfecter to give me a really light, natural coverage. Under my eyes I used my trusty Bobbi Brown Corrector and on any blemishes I used my Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer. Down my T-Zone I used some of the Rimmel Stay Matte pressed powder. For blush I added some of Inglot's powder blush in number 37, it's a really nice light peachy pink. I also did some subtle contouring with a matte bronzer, the one I used was the Marks & Spencers Limited Collection one.


For my eyes I started by filling in my brows with my Avon Perfect Brow Pencil in Blonde. I then used my Urban Decay Primer Potion to ensure that my eyeshadow was going to last all day. I used the Maybelline Colour Tattoo in the colour Permanent Taupe all over the lid (I actually forgot to photograph it! I know, slap on the wrist for me..) and then went over it with an illamasqua eyeshadow in the colour Feline which is a nice matte grey - I also used this under my eyes too. Under my brow bone and in the inner corner of my eye I used an Inglot eyeshadow in the colour 318 which is a matte white. To finish off my eyes I applied a generous amount of Soap & Glorys Thick and Fast Mascara.
To complete the look I used MACs lipstick in the colour Plumful.


I hope you like my slightly more girly take on the rock chick style!

Face
Garnier Miracle Skin BB Cream (Oily Combination)
Avon Magic X Illuminating Face Perfector
Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder
Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer
Bobbi Brown Corrector 
Inglot Powder Blush - 37
Marks & Spencers Limited Collection Bronzer

Eyes
Maybelline Colour Tattoo - Permanent Taupe
Illamasqua Powder Eyeshadow - Feline
Inglot Eyeshadow - 318
Soap & Glory - Thick & Fast Mascara

Lips
Mac Lipstick - Plumful

4 comments:

  1. This look is beautiful and you would never know you used so many products - it looks so natural!

    xx
    Kelly
    Sparkles and Shoes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I was thinking about making a video tutorial for it :D

      Delete
  2. I love that Soap and Glory mascara!
    http://thelipstickthegirlandherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's my 'holy grail' mascara haha! I've used it non since Christmas time!

      Delete