TAG: I Heart Drugstore/High Street Makeup!

Sunday, February 03, 2013

1. What is your favorite drugstore makeup brand overall?

Definitely Rimmel at the moment! They've got some great new products at the moment such as the Apocalips which I am in love with. Their Stay Matte pressed powder is also the best powder I've ever used and it's only £3.99 - BARGAIN!



2. What are your favorite face, cheek and lip products?

Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder
M&S Limited Collection Bronzer: This is completely matte and is the perfect colour for bronzing up my almost transparent skin!
M&S Limited Collection Blusher (Pink Mix): This blush is adorable! It has a cute mosaic type pattern made up of varying cute shades which create the cutest girly pink colour on the cheeks.
Bourjois Little Round Pot Blush (48 Rose) - This is super pigmented and also completely matte! I find it goes with a lot of different make up looks as its very natural looking
Boujois Healthy Mix Concealer: This smells like apricots and gives a nice coverage without looking cakey and dry, I find it quite hydrating so if you have a blemish you want to cover this isn't going to emphasise any dry skin that might come along with it.
Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer: I think everyone loves this! It's so cheap and covers amazingly well.
Rimmel Apocalips (Celestial): This is a great every day colour and I adore the texture of these products. Full review here.
Revlon Lip Butter (045 Cotton Candy): These lip butters are really moisturising and are really easy to wear as the colours are quite sheer, great for day time wear.
Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain (Honey): This is by far my most worn lip product of all time, I went from being someone who never wore anything on the lips to being obsessed with this, the colour and the staying power.
Nivea Lip Butter (Vanilla and Macadamia): This has saved my dry lips this winter and I will probably be posting a full review on it soon.



3. Least favorite product?

I tend to research things a lot before I purchase them and I genuinely don't own anything that I don't like or use.

4. What is the best makeup bargain?

Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer: As mentioned above, it covers amazingly well for the price.
Maybelline Colour Tattoos: These are very similar in texture to the MAC Paint Pot's apart from the fact that they don't have as much staying power. They come in a nice range of colours and look great on their own or as a base for eyeshadows. 


5. What is your favorite underdog product? (Something you love that often gets overlooked?)

Not entirely a product I'm going to mention but as a brand I don't hear too much being mentioned about Marks and Spencers Limited Collection make up, everything I've tried from this range I have loved so I hope more people discover the collection soon.



6. A drugstore product that is overpriced?

Soap and Glory Love At First Blush. If I remember rightly I paid £11 for this, don't get me wrong: I love the blush and use it all the time but I just feel for the drugstore/highstreet its a little steep in price for what it is.


7. Show your best drugstore dupe(s)!!

Bourjois Little Round Pot Eyeshadow (05) is a light shimmery colour which is slightly pink toned. I think its very similar to colours from the Urban Decay Naked palettes. Such as: Bootycall (Naked 2), Sin (Naked) and Virgin (Naked).

Left to Right: Boujois LRP (05), UD Bootycall, UD Sin, UD Virgin


I hope you enjoyed this post! If you do the tag too then leave me a comment below and I will definitely check it out! I'm still following anyone who follows my blog via GFC and I MIGHT also be doing a giveaway soon!




No comments:

Post a Comment