Illamasqua Mystery Box!

Thursday, January 10, 2013


So recently on the Debenhams website the Illamasqua Eyes & Nails Mystery Box was on sale! The box would have originally been £35 but was reduced in the sales to around £23! Considering the box contains about £90 worth of products I thought it was an extremely good deal - even though it is taking a risk at what products may be inside!



The first product is one which is guaranteed to be in the box and its a cream eyeshadow or "Liquid Metal" in the colour "Electrum" which is described as an antique gold colour. I've considered buying this in the past as it looks so pretty! I tried this out on the back of my hand and it has the most amazing, soft texture ever! The pigmentation is also amazing, I'm so excited to wear this - I think its a great colour for blue eyes. It also smells kind of like fudge which is nice!


The next guaranteed product is a "Precision Ink" in the colour "Glister" which is like a glittery nude colour. However, on my pale skin its like a light brown colour in comparison! I really like this, I do think that I would wear it. It also went on really smooth and had good colour pay off when I tried it out.


I also got a powder eye shadow in the colour "Feline" which I think I might be in love with! Its a matte light/medium grey colour and I just think its so pretty! It also had great pigmentation when I tried it out.


The next eyeshadow I received is in the colour "Fiasco" which is a matte dark turquoisey blue colour. I do like this colour but I don't think its the kind of colour I will wear until summer comes around as its quite bold. Great pigmentation from this too.


The first nail polish in my box is a yellow colour with green shimmer and the colour is called "Radium". This is certainly not something I would have chosen to purchase but again I think it will be a nice summer colour.


The second nail polish is a very dark green in the colour "Rampage" which I am very pleased with. I'm liking darker colours right now with it being the winter months and I think I will get a lot of wear out of this all year round - I think it will make a nice alternative for black.


Finally the swatches which show the colours a little better. Left to right - Glister, Fiasco, Feline, Electrum.

Overall I'm pleased with what was in my box, I definitely think I'll wear all the products at some point. I don't own any other Illamasqua products but I think this is going to start a new addiction for the brand! Especially for their cream eyeshadows if they're anything like Electrum! Electrum and Feline are definitely my favourite products from this box! What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment