Dealing with Acne

Sunday, September 16, 2012

I know its been so long since I've posted here, forgive me, but I've genuinely been so busy lately! To get back into the swing of things I thought I'd start by talking about things I've tried to help with my acne and also my experience with them. Obviously everyone's skin reacts differently to different things so my opinion might be totally different to someone else's. The first 3 products were prescribed by my doctor, and I'm not saying you should go to your doctor to ask for any of these as they know best and will be able to suggest something that will work for you.

Anyway..


Pan Oxyl.. I persevered with this for so long. To begin with I thought this was great, it seemed to quickly help blemishes disappear. However, after using it for a while I began to see the problems. My skin became exceptionally dry when I used this, to the point it was flaking off. Gross, i know. I didn't really expect this considering I have quite oily skin. Also Pan Oxyl began to make my skin very red in the areas where I used it... Seems like my skin decided after a while that it didn't like this very much.. So I gave up after I stopped seeing good results.


Duac from the beginning was a total disaster. The first time I applied it was at night before I went to bed.. Woke up in the morning to find my skin was red, raised, dry, flakey and itchy where I had used this. The same thing happened to me when I tried this a few other times too, think I'm allergic or something.. yay.



Dalacin T is what I've been using most recently and it seems to be working a lot better. Unlike the other two creams which were peroxide based, Dalacin T is an anti-biotic for this skin to fight the bacteria which causes blemishes as opposed to drying them out. I find this does make my skin very, very oily but when I use it at night its not really a problem. I've definitely seen an improvement in my skin since using this and I am pleased that finally something seems to be working!


I also find that using an oil free moisturiser helps my skin too. This specific one is Clean & Clear Dual Action Moisturiser - which I love. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment